COLD DARK ROOM

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
I made aure both of my two could cook before they went to university. They both thank me for it now as it saved them a lot of money being able to cook decent meals when they were on a student budget.

Son tends to cook to eat. He can be good of he’s bothered. Daughter is an instinctive cook. Like me she uses recipes for guidance rather than always following them to the letter. Unlike me she also adores baking. I can and do bake, but she’s the real cake making fanatic. She bakes as a stress reliever and her brother and her colleagues are more than willing to eat it.

My husband likes to meticulously plan what he cooks. He doesn’t cook often and follows recipes to the letter. He also like to charge on the barbecue :)
Good on you.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I made aure both of my two could cook before they went to university. They both thank me for it now as it saved them a lot of money being able to cook decent meals when they were on a student budget.

Son tends to cook to eat. He can be good of he’s bothered. Daughter is an instinctive cook. Like me she uses recipes for guidance rather than always following them to the letter. Unlike me she also adores baking. I can and do bake, but she’s the real cake making fanatic. She bakes as a stress reliever and her brother and her colleagues are more than willing to eat it.

My husband likes to meticulously plan what he cooks. He doesn’t cook often and follows recipes to the letter. He also like to charge on the barbecue :)
I would say I'm an instinctive cook too. I find the basic ingredients and add my favorite additions. Fudge is great with a 12oz can of condensed milk and 3 cups of sugar cooked until hardball stage. If you want chocolate add it in the cooking stage. After that it's up to you. Even blond is good with dried cherries, nuts, vanilla, maybe some butter. Or just peanut butter. Oh no! Now I have to make fudge!

jeneliza

burton michigan
Oh okay. I totally get it. I only really enjoy cooking when I decide I want to try and make something. But having to cook supper everyday has taken the joy out of it, I also tend to enjoy food someone else has cooked rather than my own. That is not to say that I am a bad cook, just that I like other peoples food more. So i totally understand. You most probably have a quick and easy recipe if you have been baking for 20 years.
Yes,, it's definitely not a favorite anymore, I said hey, I like cooking, baking, become a baker\ cake decorator it be fun, after the newist wore off, it wasn't fun anymore, so now I work with dogs, so much better, even a bad day, I still get to be around dogs, which honestly I like working with better than people, working around the public, is so draining, they make a fun job, suck, lol...

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Hey @Ray--Opo , here’s an up-to-date video of our Sully chowing down on fresh Florida cactus pads & blossoms, along with dandelion, grass, weeds, Mazuri & a few cabbage leaves.

Enjoy.

That is great! I had a smile on my face the whole time!?
Glad Sully enjoyed the cactus.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
All good restaurants, and McFee still has the best bread sticks, so you must have lived there when I was there, I lived on east glass for a few years, then moved to trailer park, that was different, lol. Then we brought a house,
I was right near you. I lived on the back of Seymour Lake. On the road off of Seymour lake Rd called Lakeview. I was there from 80 to 91. Then divorce changed that. My son's all grew up there before coming adults.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Yes,, it's definitely not a favorite anymore, I said hey, I like cooking, baking, become a baker\ cake decorator it be fun, after the newist wore off, it wasn't fun anymore, so now I work with dogs, so much better, even a bad day, I still get to be around dogs, which honestly I like working with better than people, working around the public, is so draining, they make a fun job, suck, lol...
You might like the "Lucky Dog" Saturday morning show I watch that's instead of cartoons. It's on channel 10 CBS here between 9 and 10 AM.

jeneliza

burton michigan
I was right near you. I lived on the back of Seymour Lake. On the road off of Seymour lake Rd called Lakeview. I was there from 80 to 91. Then divorce changed that. My son's all grew up there before coming adults.
I wasn't there yet, lol, still in high school, but I use to walk my dog down both of those roads and in the grave pit, it had the most beautiful lake/ pond from the digging, sadly it's all houses now, but at least they put limits on how much land you need before you can build a house, in Brandon two, to late for that land, but at least it remain kinda of a small town,

jeneliza

burton michigan
I wasn't there yet, lol, still in high school, but I use to walk my dog down both of those roads and in the grave pit, it had the most beautiful lake/ pond from the digging, sadly it's all houses now, but at least they put limits on how much land you need before you can build a house, in Brandon two, to late for that land, but at least it remain kinda of a small town,
Of course the grave pit wasn't , on Seymour, but I am sure you where it was, oh one other amazing place, Cook's, still love going there for some ice cream,

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
No, I went to walled lake central,bi grew up in white lake, ( union lake)
Loved Cooks ice cream, I knew when spring was coming. When the wind would blow from the west and I could smell the cows from the fields thawing out.
I grew up in White lake but we had a Union Lake address. I lived there my junior and senior years. Lived at the corner of Elizabeth Lake Rd and Williams Lake Rd. In the Foxbay subdivision. The kids on the other side of Elizabeth Lake Rd went to Walled lake schools. I went to Waterford Twp High.
You probably don't know of Waterford Twp High. It was tore down in the 80's.