COLD DARK ROOM

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Good Morning Good Folks.

I hope everybody is safe and healthy. The panic is starting here now as well and if we go into the shops then the shelves are bare. It is completely crazy and people are mad. I now have to go and try and get tp just because I might not be able to get it when I need it due to panic buying.?‍♀️
Our petrol is still the same and lots of places have in fact raised their prices. This morning I saw an ad for santizer 500ml for R149. Which is 3 x the normal price we would normally pay. The sad thing is that you cannot walk into the shops and just buy it off the shelves because there just isn't any.

Okay rant over and here is something funny for you to read: This was forwarded to me, and it is so good I feel that I needed to share the laugh.

????Just been to DisChem. Saw a guy who's trolley was full to the brim with hand sanitizers, baby wipes, toilet roll soaps, everything that people need!!

So I told him off and gave him a low down about the elderly and mums to be who need these types of things. Told him he should be fking ashamed of himself!

He said: “that’s all well and good but I work here, can I carry on filling the shelves now?” ??

yes, i saw that joke on Twitter yesterday...it’s making the global rounds. ???

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Wow.....dead quiet in here. Just back from making our provisions round up to the stores. Sams Club, Wine Store, & International Market.

➡️Sams Club - toilet paper rolls, beans, lettuce, chicken broth, frozen veggies, asparagus, chicken breasts, cheese, diced tomatoes, spinach, celery, mushrooms, carrots, mayo, a case of flavored water, tins of tuna. ✅

➡️Wine Store - a few liters of wine & port ✅

➡️International Mart - dandelion, kale, cactus, cilantro, onions, chickpeas, nice red & poblano peppers, ✅

Gas was below $1.80 / gallon!

We are set for a few weeks now ??☘️

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Hello CDR!!
I haven’t been here forever and have seen a few of you on FB but Yvonne is on my mind. This whole COVID thing is so surreal and with my kids out of school for who knows how long. They are saying they may not go back this year. I worry about the elderly too and my little grandson who’s only 6mo. I’m not panicked but worried.
I hope everyone here is happy and healthy.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Hello CDR!!
I haven’t been here forever and have seen a few of you on FB but Yvonne is on my mind. This whole COVID thing is so surreal and with my kids out of school for who knows how long. They are saying they may not go back this year. I worry about the elderly too and my little grandson who’s only 6mo. I’m not panicked but worried.

Good to hear from you & see that things are not tooooo panicky! Social distance. Don’t panic, all is good.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Looks like Mark is stalked up!
I can’t find bread, meat, milk, diapers or baby wipes. I got my dog & cat food.
I’m heading out tonightto see what I can find.
Don't worry about me. I'm very germ concious and this Thurs. when I go do my shopping I'll be holding my breath!

Does your store have early shopping for seniors?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Good Morning Good Folks.

I hope everybody is safe and healthy. The panic is starting here now as well and if we go into the shops then the shelves are bare. It is completely crazy and people are mad. I now have to go and try and get tp just because I might not be able to get it when I need it due to panic buying.?‍♀️
Our petrol is still the same and lots of places have in fact raised their prices. This morning I saw an ad for santizer 500ml for R149. Which is 3 x the normal price we would normally pay. The sad thing is that you cannot walk into the shops and just buy it off the shelves because there just isn't any.

Okay rant over and here is something funny for you to read: This was forwarded to me, and it is so good I feel that I needed to share the laugh.

????Just been to DisChem. Saw a guy who's trolley was full to the brim with hand sanitizers, baby wipes, toilet roll soaps, everything that people need!!

So I told him off and gave him a low down about the elderly and mums to be who need these types of things. Told him he should be fking ashamed of himself!

He said: “that’s all well and good but I work here, can I carry on filling the shelves now?” ??
Some of the stores here are letting elderly people in As soon as they open so they don't get squished like a worm. But they are also limiting amounts when you check out so I can have some amenities too.The stores are closing each night for stocking, cleaning, etc...and still stocking during store hours. So it's not your fault that you thought that a crazy was trying to buy all of the stock cause they are. My problem is I'm elderly with critters. By the time I get up and take care of them I ain't a showing up at opening time.?

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Looks like Mark is stalked up!
I can’t find bread, meat, milk, diapers or baby wipes. I got my dog & cat food.
I’m heading out tonightto see what I can find.

Does your store have early shopping for seniors?

Interesting. We don’t buy bread or milk or diapers or baby wipes or dog food or cat food!

Our Sams Club seemed to have bread today & i saw ppl purchasing gallons of milk.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Good mornooning all. The UK Is quietly closing down. We have been told we should distance ourselves, but they’re not instructing restaurants and theatres to close. And schools are still open. It’s contradictory and weird.

JoesDad and I are in some sort of weird post-travel bubble. The world shut down in our wake with first NZ announcing a 14 day quarantine for arrivals, then Australia and today Hong Kong.

We decided to keep our distance on our return just in case we had picked up the lurgy and it seems we must just carry on doing so. With neither of us working we are just carrying on life largely as before without going to the theatre and restaurants... I do wonder how we would be feeling if we had been working at this time.

We are going out for a walk every day regardless of how bad the jet-lag is. We are also planning a pond for our garden and some birdwatching trips. When we filled our Volvo yesterday the petrol station had no unleaded fuel, only diesel... panic buying I suspect.

I am desperate for a haircut. My hair is very thick and 6 weeks is as long as I can go between cuts. It’s been 8 weeks since my last cut! I shall call my hairdresser today and hope she is still in business at the end of this week.

Look after yourselves wherever you are x
I'm usually trying to do something at home so I'll just keep doing that. All the restaurants that are open are doing drive thru only. I'll bet your hairdresser can't wait to hear the latest...?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Hello CDR!!
Hello hello hello. If nothing else good comes of all this, We'll all get a chance to talk with each other.?

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
I sent a TWITTER “tweat” to Maryland‘s Governor yesterday recommending they quickly convert the MVA to COVID-19 testing centers. Plenty of parking, seating, individual kiosks inside coupled with a “take your number” system. I received a quick response from the Governor’s office saying......”good idea”. Tonight on NBC news, they singled out Maryland for converting MVA test centers to CV-19 testing locations.

✅? - I’ll take silent credit for this one.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
I sent a TWITTER “tweat” to Maryland‘s Governor yesterday recommending they quickly convert the MVA to COVID-19 testing centers. Plenty of parking, seating, individual kiosks inside coupled with a “take your number” system. I received a quick response from the Governor’s office saying......”good idea”. Tonight on NBC news, they singled out Maryland for converting MVA test centers to CV-19 testing locations.

Nice! Good thinking

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Hello CDR!!
So glad to see you check in... been thinking about you! I am worried too. I think I made light if the situation at first but I see now that was wrong... I just plan to stay in and keep my brood close and hope the economy pulls through when it’s over.. stay safe Kathy!

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Hello CDR!!
Hey there stranger. Nice to read you. Even if it is under worrying circumstances.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town

Well done.