COLD DARK ROOM

EllieMay

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
East Texas
Amen to that. Adam has to be the culprit though...eve just fell for it all. I was actually looking for a post to ask about your new puppy baby Cinder. And just thinking of you and your family and wishing you all good.
100% right. Eve had NOTHING to do with it! Thank you for thinking of us. Cinder is doing great! I had forgotten how exhausting it is to teach a new puppy but oh what a joy.. she’s so curious and Good natured about everything... super smart. Still can’t upload a picture:-(

Last edited:

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
While I was sitting here looking at my pictures I realized I'm not utilizing my 'stuff' to its full potential. That black tub thing you see in the middle of the leopard yard is a garbage dumpster with the bottom cut off. I used the bottom a very long time ago as a temporary water turtle tub, leaving the sides idle. Then one day I decided to dig it down into the dirt in the then Aldabran yard and plant a tree and a grape vine in it. Last week-end William cut down the tree for me because it had large seeds that I was afraid the tortoises might choke on (Empress tree), leaving the grape vine. The distance between the top of the tub and the soil inside it is about a foot. It would be a perfect place for young tortoises to spend the day. Funny that never occurred to me before. I think tomorrow I'll clean it out and add some hiding places, a feeding tile and waterer and get it ready for young tortoises in the spring. You know? There's just never a dull moment when you have tortoises. You can always find something to occupy your time!
I don't know how you do it all Yvonne. I only have the one tort and he takes up most of my spare time!! Mind you most of that is wasted time spent just watching him.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Well I almost caught up here. Got my mother in law on the plane about 5 PM. She will be in the Philippines at 11PM EST tomorrow. Tore my meniscus in my left leg. Cant hardly walk on it. Go for x-ray next tues. So PT is on hold for now. It was bound to happen sooner or later. Depending on that leg all the time puts a lot of added strain on my knee.
Sorry to hear that Ray, I sympathise with you. My knees are taking it in turns to compensate for each other ever since my accident.
Keep it rested as much as you can and maybe use ice on it.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
100% right. Eve had NOTHING to do with it! Thank you for thinking of us. Cinder is doing great! I had forgotten how exhausting it is to teach a new puppy but oh what a joy.. she’s so curious and Good natured about everything... super smart. Still can’t upload a picture:-(
Have you tried copying and pasting from your photo album/folder? That usually works for me.

Last edited:

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning/afternoon all.
We have had so much rain the last 2 days!!
The frog was back in my conservatory last night so even he's fed up with it.
Hopefully it will dry up later and the week ahead should be drier too.
It's half term holiday for me next week - hoooraaaayyyy!!
Most of my school work is up to date now so should have some time to catch up with chores and keep up with everyone here.
My priority is to sort out Lola's new heated night box though.
Hope everyone is having a good weekend so far.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Most of my school work is up to date now so should have some time to catch up with chores and keep up with everyone here.
Hope you have a great holiday.. keep us updated on your night box. I like seeing the different designs.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Hello. Thanks...it's being a really good weekend.so far. I finally found a way to get Joe to paint a Christmas theme I want. The painting is so cute. I can't wait to see it finished.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Sorry to hear that Ray, I sympathise with you. My knees are taking it in turns to compensate for each other ever since my accident.
Keep it rested as much as you can and maybe use ice on it.
Thanks I have been alternating between heat and ice pack. It is getting better. Right now it is at the point if I make the wrong move. I will be back to zero.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
To upload a picture I have to take it that moment or send one to my e-mail that I've already snapped. Then I download it. Then I have to remember which picture I'd like to share from my gallery. Stuffs complicated but I've never used the app. I like my shortcut to the CDR better even with the complications. I had both. On Windows I just go to my e-mail to get on CDR and TFO. I haven't tried to post a picture from my e-mail yet.