COLD DARK ROOM

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Cinder is really just so very cute. I am quite jealous.
There's a car commercial here in the States that has a family of Golden Retrievers in the car - dad's driving, mom's riding shot gun and there are a couple pups in the back seat. . . real dogs, not a cartoon. Most of them are very clever, but the one I like best has them driving up to a street corner car wash. The car is absolutely COVERED in mud. The dad honks the horn and this group of English bulldogs comes running out. They show close ups of the bull dogs with sponges, buckets of water, one pup in a bucket of suds, lots of suds, then photo shopped paws scrubbing the sides of the car. The last scene shows the full car getting ready to drive off. The lower portion of the car is clean and shiny, but the upper portion is still covered in mud. Makes me chuckle every time I see it.

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/o48r/subaru-ascent-dog-tested-car-wash-t1

Last edited:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I have come down with a nasty cold.. or maybe it's the flu. I have been sick for the last few days and I am sick of being sick.
I think this is one reason I've become a recluse. I never eat out anymore because I don't want the food preparer sneezing on my food. So far it's working well for me. I haven't been sick in quite a while.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Sounds beautiful and shame about the photos... but “the app””??? What app??? Did I miss something here? Cause the web version is a pain in the butt. Always asking me if I’m sure and trying to sell me stuff... arghhhhh!!!! It’s like haveing another man around!!!!!
Hehehe!!! Even my brother is true to the gender. He's totally deaf so how did he learn that stuff.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I have come down with a nasty cold.. or maybe it's the flu. I have been sick for the last few days and I am sick of being sick.
Marco2bear had good advice. Chicken soup, peppermint schnapps, and don't forget potatoe chips. I hate getting sick...it makes me mad.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I think this is one reason I've become a recluse. I never eat out anymore because I don't want the food preparer sneezing on my food. So far it's working well for me. I haven't been sick in quite a while.
Yes. I sanitize my hands, grocery cart, and all door knobs etc in our home too. Even though my medication and health problems should allow me to get the actual flue, I haven't. Knock on wood. I do go through seasonal sinus dumb stuff though.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
There's a car commercial here in the States that has a family of Golden Retrievers in the car - dad's driving, mom's riding shot gun and there are a couple pups in the back seat. . . real dogs, not a cartoon. Most of them are very clever, but the one I like best has them driving up to a street corner car wash. The car is absolutely COVERED in mud. The dad honks the horn and this group of English bulldogs comes running out. They show close ups of the bull dogs with sponges, buckets of water, one pup in a bucket of suds, lots of suds, then photo shopped paws scrubbing the sides of the car. The last scene shows the full car getting ready to drive off. The lower portion of the car is clean and shiny, but the upper portion is still covered in mud. Makes me chuckle every time I see it.

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/o48r/subaru-ascent-dog-tested-car-wash-t1
That’s hilarious!!!! Love it

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I think it’s passed down from Adam & eve
Amen to that. Adam has to be the culprit though...eve just fell for it all. I was actually looking for a post to ask about your new puppy baby Cinder. And just thinking of you and your family and wishing you all good.

Bambam1989

East Texas
I consider myself somewhat of a recluse. But my daughter seems to always bring nasty germs home from school. My reclusiveness is ruined by her unreclusivness.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I'm just too happy. It's only Friday...but for the first time, today I got to actually see Arrow's face. He's so cute. It's one of those moments when I wish my eyes could snap a picture. He reflected for a few moments in his tank like a mirror but grey...