COLD DARK ROOM

Turtle girl 98

Location (City and/or State)
Sandstone mn
Thanks!They only wanted to leave the filter in for 6 months. I guess there can be problems with filters that stay in long periods of time. The clot in my left leg dissipated and the one in my right thigh is what they refer to as chronic. Meaning it is old and hard and rarely break loose. I am sure it was leftover from the vehicle accident.
I started the Keto diet monday. I need to lose about 80 lbs. I know if I can lose the weight it will be easier for me to walk on my prosthetic leg.
I also go thru periods of depression. Just came out of one about a month ago.
Hang in there losing 40 lbs is great!
I just bought a new scale for Opo. It weighs up to 440 lbs. So I guess I can use it also. My doctors scale only goes to 350lbs. Not enough for me :(
If I do wind up getting a filter I will definitely research more about it. I don't fancy doctors around here. They care about the money more than the well being of the patients. The blood clot I had in my left calf dissipated before my ultrasound or it moved, they never found it. They gave me a blood thinner shot and within a half hour my leg felt great and it was back down to normal size.

What is the ketone diet? I have heard of it, I actually bought the ketone test sticks for my husband. I would love for us to get healthy now instead of way down the road. I already have issues with diabetes and blood clots and my liver, he is healthy as an ox, he has high blood pressure and a little higher triglycerides.. his father has his first heart attack at 35 my husband turns 28 this week.

Thank you Ray! 40 pounds was a milestone I never thought I would hit. I also had my gallbladder removed in July. It was full of stones and wasn't processing fat. I gained alot of weight with my gallbladder out of whack..

You can do it! I'll go along with you in the goal to lose weight. I hope all is well and stays well. Keep your head up. I will try to do the same. Yes tortoiseforum has definitely taken Facebook's spot in my life. I would rather scroll through torts and caring people.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good evenooning all.

I did a full day at the rescue today...

So much to do, so few people.

This is a Kestrel, one of our smaller birds of prey, that I had to clean out and feed with chopped dead chicks (yes, I had to chop them)
IMG_1179.jpg

This is a red-legged partridge (next bay to the Kestrel)
IMG_1177.jpg

And here’s a hedgehog to keep you going :)
IMG_1176.jpg

Turtle girl 98

Sandstone mn

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Good evenooning all.

This is a Kestrel, one of our smaller birds of prey, that I had to clean out and feed with chopped dead chicks (yes, I had to chop them)
View attachment 281087

View attachment 281088

View attachment 281089

With every great thing, there must be downer to balance... I guess chopping chicks is yours

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Thanks!They only wanted to leave the filter in for 6 months. I guess there can be problems with filters that stay in long periods of time. The clot in my left leg dissipated and the one in my right thigh is what they refer to as chronic. Meaning it is old and hard and rarely break loose. I am sure it was leftover from the vehicle accident.
I started the Keto diet monday. I need to lose about 80 lbs. I know if I can lose the weight it will be easier for me to walk on my prosthetic leg.
I also go thru periods of depression. Just came out of one about a month ago.
Hang in there losing 40 lbs is great!
I just bought a new scale for Opo. It weighs up to 440 lbs. So I guess I can use it also. My doctors scale only goes to 350lbs. Not enough for me :(

Take a look at juicing with https://www.rebootwithjoe.com/

Personally I found juicing pretty easy and healthy. Not a lot of gimmicks or other stuff. Just need to be focused.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Good evenooning all.

View attachment 281087

View attachment 281088

View attachment 281089
I love that perch for the kestrol. It's given me an idea for my little zebra finches. They have to have swings and some wide branches too. Sooo...what a wonderful rescue facility.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
With every great thing, there must be downer to balance... I guess chopping chicks is yours

Actually, I think the volume of poop from creatures great and small was worse than taking the kitchen scissors to day old dead chicks. I surprised myself.

We had an unexpected visit from a former resident today. A crow turned up as we were working outside and started making a right racket. Someone grabbed some corvid food and it happily reverted to baby and wanted hand feeding! We drew the line there. He can help himself, but we won’t feed him [emoji1]

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Actually, I think the volume of poop from creatures great and small was worse than taking the kitchen scissors to day old dead chicks. I surprised myself.

We had an unexpected visit from a former resident today. A crow turned up as we were working outside and started making a right racket. Someone grabbed some corvid food and it happily reverted to baby and wanted hand feeding! We drew the line there. He can help himself, but we won’t feed him [emoji1]
He'll be back again. I love crows. They're funny. Your rescue has been adopted by a crow.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I had a good lung doctor visit today. They were kind and didn't lecture me.
Why should you receive a lecture? Have you been a bad little girl?

I went to the skin doctor today and had two pre-cancers burned off my face and one suspected cancer biopsied. And I've been a very good little girl!! (But no lollipop!)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
@ZEROPILOT I'm very sorry that you're having health problems right now, but I must say, I'm very happy to see more of you on the Forum! If 'health' is what it takes to get you to participate more, then I'm sorta' glad for your health! How's it coming, by the way. Sight getting better?

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
@ZEROPILOT I'm very sorry that you're having health problems right now, but I must say, I'm very happy to see more of you on the Forum! If 'health' is what it takes to get you to participate more, then I'm sorta' glad for your health! How's it coming, by the way. Sight getting better?
Thanks, Yvonne
The stitches on my eye have mostly dissolved. So that part is better. But I still have a giant gas bubble in there and around it looks like a seriously steamed up bathroom mirror. So I can't see much. In fact I keep that eye closed.
But it's going to be fine.
Itll just take some time.
The back surgery isn't until November 18th. So I've got some time to heal.
I don't want to be dealing with both of them together.
How about THAT look?
I've got a little Joe Biden going on there....

20190920_143657.jpg

Last edited:

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Thanks, Yvonne
The stitches on my eye have mostly dissolved. So that part is better. But I still have a giant gas bubble in there and around it looks like a seriously steamed up bathroom mirror. So I can't see much. In fact I keep that eye closed.
How about THAT look?

Hope you heal quickly, Ed! It’s great to see you on the TFO and to not-see you in the CDR.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster

I went to the skin doctor today and had two pre-cancers burned off my face and one suspected cancer biopsied. And I've been a very good little girl!! (But no lollipop!)
I smoke ciggerettes but not a lot. I've never been able to really breath good. As a child they didn't believe me. Now most doctors try to blame that on ciggerettes. I've breathed way more fumes then that. Like paint and industrial things. So I'm neither good or bad. I'm just me and the doctor was respectful. She just talked with me and didn't judge me. So I will visit with her again and tell her what ails me. I'll have to watch how much zucchini I give Saphire with your method. I found out how much he really loves it. There was not one speck left. I was thrilled. I'm so sorry you had to go through that stuff with your skin. I also am praying for a good outcome with all your solar energy problems. You are a wonderful lady.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England

My husband goes annually for a skin checkup. He is a redhead (or was - it has faded now) and is very fair. He has had the liquid nitrogen treatment several times over the years and three cut out. Fortunately all proved negative after biopsy.

Hopefully yours will be negative too.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Thanks, Yvonne
How about THAT look?

Get well soon Ed.

Luckily it’s so gloomy in here that not seeing is normal ;)