COLD DARK ROOM

EllieMay

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
East Texas
Oh my that's an adorable story! I was actually just reading on doing wildlife rehabilitation so I could work with the animals [emoji4] it's something I've always dreamed of doing.

It’s very rewarding but comes with a lot of red tape... emotionally, it’s so easy to get attached. You have to constantly remind your self that your not the best thing for a wild animal.. trying to keep a distance from a baby so that it can remain wild sucks! But then you have some successes like this that reminds you you’ve done the right thing :) it’s no money maker and surely time consuming.. when you get your license and permits, your obligated to take all the needy critters and it can be overwhelming. Gracie was my “stopping point” last year.. I almost got too attached to her and I knew better..

Turtle girl 98

Sandstone mn
It’s very rewarding but comes with a lot of red tape... emotionally, it’s so easy to get attached. You have to constantly remind your self that your not the best thing for a wild animal.. trying to keep a distance from a baby so that it can remain wild sucks! But then you have some successes like this that reminds you you’ve done the right thing :) it’s no money maker and surely time consuming.. when you get your license and permits, your obligated to take all the needy critters and it can be overwhelming. Gracie was my “stopping point” last year.. I almost got too attached to her and I knew better..
Oh gosh I can imagine how hard it is to stay unattached I think that would be the hardest part.. i honestly didn't think about that. In general I think it would be great to help the animals [emoji4] I would've melted seeing the Fawn come back.. thank you for your insight your story is heartmelting [emoji3526] I plan on volunteering at the Audubon center we have here next spring to start getting involved. [emoji4]

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
View attachment 280269

I’m pretty sure that this is Gracie in my dog pen.
For those of you who don’t know, Gracie was an orphan fawn I had rehabbed last year. She was never a captive deer. I bottle fed her for a couple months and she stayed freely until one day she didn’t:) She was a year old this past May. She’s come back to visit a few times and I can always tell her from the other deer visitors because she comes into the yard while the others hang back in my pasture. She brought friends with her and I spotted them bedded down on my beach area last night. One of the others followed her into the dog yard but stayed by the fence. She came on up and greeted her canine siblings and they knew her:) As a fawn, she played chase with them. I think dove season has them taking advantage of my safe haven!
You got to see evidence of true hehab and that's so beautiful. The only ones that scare me are bucks in (rut?) even if you rehab them yourself.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Putting in a sub-panel to run some outlets for the shed. Been using a heavy duty extension cord for years and now with my compressor and mig welder will be nice to not have to keep changing what is plugged in. Also with my new Leopard I have to plan for the not to far future!
Sounds like a big job with bigger payouts. Best wishes for a smooth uneventful job well done.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Hey guys!!

Nothing really going on here. Daughter sprained her ankle really bad and is out of soccer for now.
My son is driving and it scares the crap out of me!
He did his first freeway driving over the weekend and it was about 30 miles and 3 different freeways.
I know I have few more grey hairs!

I made chocolate chip banana bread this morning.
Can you smell it?
View attachment 280270

Oooooooooooh! Yuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Hello everyone, going to be off the grid until Fri. Cruise time!
Everyone stay safe and take care.
You too and I'll be thinking and praying for a good outcome for the humanitarian efforts also. My friend from North Carolina texted today and she's ok. She also sent belated birthday wishes and actually apologized for not calling. I told her we are friends for life. When we can talk we talk. Her son moved to a city closer to me recently. We will get to see each other personally at some point in time... Friendship for about 40 years. We keep somehow finding each other.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I would of thought it was a toad also till i seen it crawling up the tree and his lil suction cup toes
I won't bore you with my run ins with toads and frogs...but they are a critter I like to watch. I will say I've had a frog aim and land on me with those suction cup toes. There is no mistaking that..

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
I won't bore you with my run ins with toads and frogs...but they are a critter I like to watch. I will say I've had a frog aim and land on me with those suction cup toes. There is no mistaking that..
Yeah this one jumped from my my arm onto my hat lol now hes happily back up his tree. Probably telling his buddies about what happened.. they’ll never believe him