COLD DARK ROOM

Ben02

Location (City and/or State)
Brighton, Southcoast, UK
Austria was well and truly taken over by the Nazis during the war. Vienna was and is the capital.

That cafe is lovely though. I have been there too :)
They have delicious cakes:D

A small hotel that I stayed in when I went to Italy was the background to a picture of Hitler and the Italian dictator who I can’t spell his name properly.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
View attachment 275965 Cafe Central, visited by Adolf Hitler and Joseph Stalin.

I find it disturbing how I keep stumbling across places where Hitlers been, it’s happened 3 times now:eek:

Our office reserved a few tables there a few years ago and we all enjoyed fine cakes and torts AND were fascinated by who the old regulars were...

The café was opened in 1876, and in the late 19th century it became a key meeting place of the Viennese intellectual scene. Key regulars included: Peter Altenberg, Theodor Herzl, Alfred Adler, Egon Friedell, Hugo von Hofmannsthal, Anton Kuh, Adolf Loos, Leo Perutz, Alfred Polgar, Adolf Hitler, and Leon Trotsky. In January 1913 alone, Josip Broz Tito, Sigmund Freud, Joseph Stalin, Hitler, and Trotsky (the latter two being regulars) were patrons of the establishment.​

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
funny-pictures-raise-your-paw-if-you-love-fridays-700x700.jpg
I wave my paw and raise you a foot swing in the air as well!!

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Good mornooning all. Busy day today.

Ironing done before it gets too hot. I am about to have my hair cut and then I must go to the supermarket. And at 5pm I have my training at the Wildlife Rescue. [emoji4]
Good luck with the training and enjoy it. Which I know you will, considering how much you love wild life especially birds.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Our office reserved a few tables there a few years ago and we all enjoyed fine cakes and torts AND were fascinated by who the old regulars were...

The café was opened in 1876, and in the late 19th century it became a key meeting place of the Viennese intellectual scene. Key regulars included: Peter Altenberg, Theodor Herzl, Alfred Adler, Egon Friedell, Hugo von Hofmannsthal, Anton Kuh, Adolf Loos, Leo Perutz, Alfred Polgar, Adolf Hitler, and Leon Trotsky. In January 1913 alone, Josip Broz Tito, Sigmund Freud, Joseph Stalin, Hitler, and Trotsky (the latter two being regulars) were patrons of the establishment.​
Mark you ate TORTS:mad::tort:. @Yvonne G you need to ban Mark from TFO. I am headed to his place right now to rescue his torts.

Pastel Tortie

North Florida
Massive thunderstorms just rolled through our area... Sully, tucked away back in her outdoor enclosure.

Hard to believe there is an 80 pound sully behind there!

View attachment 275956
We had heavy rain and thunderstorms, much closer than normal (for us). Instead of getting the lightning flash... pause... thunder rumble rumble rumble... We were getting the lightning flash with the thunder (boom!) right behind it.

Ben02

Brighton, Southcoast, UK

Our table had information about Alfred Adler and I spotted one with Sigmund Freud aswell. Best cakes I’ve ever had:)