COLD DARK ROOM

EllieMay

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
East Texas
Good Morning All.
You see I can say that because at some point it will be morning for you and generally I am the first one up. [emoji6]
It is Thursday which meansssss.............. It is almost Friday the Yay day. [emoji23] [emoji23]

Lol!!! Good outlook! So happy Thursday [emoji6]

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Good morning all, it's bright but breezy here at the moment and looks like that will continue for a few days.
I had such a weird dream last night.
I dreamt that hundreds of baby spiders were hatching (probably because one was walking across the window of my car yesterday) but then they turned into tortoises and I was running around trying to find nice gardens for them to live in. Don't know if I succeeded - I woke up or changed dream .
Hope everyone has a good Thursday!

Well that is weird... I don’t dream very often but when I do, it’s always so real that it freaks me out a little.. ‍♀️

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Went to the doctor today and it looks like I have mild scoliosis!! Just like my mum and grandma. My sister managed to skip over it somehow:D

It doesn’t help that I’m 6 foot 2 and still growing.

How will that affect you later on? Do your mum and grandma do ok with it? I wonder if posturing and therapy could help since your so young???

Ben02

Brighton, Southcoast, UK
How will that affect you later on? Do your mum and grandma do ok with it? I wonder if posturing and therapy could help since your so young???
It shouldn’t effect me that much, maybe some pain later on. My mum barely notices it. They may refer me to do some physio if it ever gets worse.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Went to the doctor today and it looks like I have mild scoliosis!! Just like my mum and grandma. My sister managed to skip over it somehow:D

It doesn’t help that I’m 6 foot 2 and still growing.

Ouch. My son had a visibly twisted spine aged about 9. He grew like a weed too reaching 6 foot 6 eventually.

I took him to my physio/osteopath for many sessions over the years and she was able to straighten him out. In his case, she said he would eventually grow the muscle to stop it happening and what she needed to do was keep him straight in the meantime. He has stopped growing and broadened out now and his spine is straight. I am so glad it was caught early.

I hope they can sort you out. It is surprisingly common. My best friend’s daughter had to have rods in her spine in January for it and I wouldn’t wish that on anyone.

EDIT
If your parents did decide to go down the private route with a physio/osteopath then I would wholeheartedly recommend mine (She is qualified as both). According to Google Maps it takes an hour to drive to her from Brighton Station.

Last edited:

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good Wednesday Everyone,

I am still stiff, but we will persevere. It is a sunny day again today, however tomorrow and Friday the weather is expected to change. I hope that everyone is having a safe, healthy and happy day!:<3::)

A little stiff is great for you. When we first met you in the CDR you wouldn’t even have considered it due to the pain you were in :)

Ben02

Brighton, Southcoast, UK
Ouch. My son had a visibly twisted spine aged about 9. He grew like a weed too reaching 6 foot 6 eventually.

I took him to my physio/osteopath for many sessions over the years and she was able to straighten him out. In his case, she said he would eventually grow the muscle to stop it happening and what she needed to do was keep him straight in the meantime. He has stopped growing and broadened out now and his spine is straight. I am so glad it was caught early.

I hope they can sort you out. It is surprisingly common. My best friend’s daughter had to have rods in her spine in January for it and I wouldn’t wish that on anyone.

EDIT
If your parents did decide to go down the private route with a physio/osteopath then I would wholeheartedly recommend mine (She is qualified as both). According to Google Maps it takes an hour to drive to her from Brighton Station.
The doctor had to have a good feel of my back which lasted half an hour, it was very awkward for me haha. My spin does not look visibly curved however my left shoulder is slightly higher than my right. The doctor gave me certain exercises to do every day and a check up in a months time.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
The doctor had to have a good feel of my back which lasted half an hour, it was very awkward for me haha. My spin does not look visibly curved however my left shoulder is slightly higher than my right. The doctor gave me certain exercises to do every day and a check up in a months time.

I get the one shoulder higher thing regularly with my back problems too. (I had operations on a spinal disc) It’s noticing that which has me toddling off to my physio. It’s the first sign that I am headed for big trouble!

Ben02

Brighton, Southcoast, UK
I get the one shoulder higher thing regularly with my back problems too. (I had operations on a spinal disc) It’s noticing that which has me toddling off to my physio. It’s the first sign that I am headed for big trouble!
It’s really odd especially when looking at yourself in a mirror.

Bee62

Germany
I saw my little toad today. Unexpectedly turned up in my cans for recycling. I have to get him a better house.View attachment 275432
Hey, I have a toad too that is living in the frontyard of my house. I see him every evening / night walking around catching moths. I put out two flat bowls with water and he is bathing and soaking every night.:)

Bee62

Germany
thursday16-736x510.jpg

Hey friends. Wishing y`all a beautiful Thursday.
I have so much to tell but sooo short time. Torts are happy in their new enclosure indoor & outdoors. They slept only one night in their new indoor enclosure and found their way back in their night box ( yesterday they had been outside the first day this summer too ). It is a little surprise that they walked in their night box where they only slept one night. Amazing little dinosaurs !
A few pics:
New indoor enclosure.DSCN4791.JPG

Nightbox ( indoors )

DSCN4795.JPG

outdoor enclosure:
DSCN4835.JPG

DSCN4852.JPG

the tortoise "walk" . They can go indoor our outdoor by themselves.

DSCN4844.JPG

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Be sure to follow doctor's orders, you'll thank him later on in life. My son had to wear a back brace 23 hours a day during his senior year of high school. It was terribly embarrassing for him and he got teased unmercifully. His back was straight after he was allowed to stop wearing it. So think about senior year of high school to about three years ago when he was now about 59 or 60 (?). He was suffering terrible back pain and the diagnosis was his back was curving again. The only way to relieve the pain was to have his back surgically fused. So now he can't bend anymore. Very difficult to put on and tie shoes, etc.

My guess was that if he had been able to follow Joe's mum's doctor's advice with the exercises to build up the muscles, instead of having to wear a brace, which didn't do anything for muscles, he may not have had the pain later in life. Like you, his one shoulder was higher than the other. This was way back in the dark ages.