COLD DARK ROOM

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
I shall ask him about the milk and bread. I remember he said that some of the older miners started teaching him and his two mates certain words that were actually swear words but they didn’t know that. They then told them to say it to there boss and luckily they didn’t get into to much trouble:D

They were very gullible but I guess they didn’t want to get on the wrong side of those guys:)
Lol. Nope I wouldn't want to either. They are a very rough and tough bunch of guys.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
We have been to the continent before... just not the country.

To explain, JoesDad is contracting and ,if you work in one place for more than 2 years as a contractor, then the UK tax authorities get upset. As a result, JoesDad is finishing at Christmas and, rather than find new employment for January, we are travelling... a long way from home... to New Zealand. :)
That will be a wonderful trip!
My cousin's partner is from there - they travel out regularly to visit his relatives......how lucky she is!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I agree with your sister... high vis, hard hat with flashing light mounted on it and steel toe cap boots for you Lyn!!!

Hope the bruises fade quickly!
I'm sure they will - I'm just glad I had a fleece jacket on to soften the blow a bit!
Good job I was just stepping back from the bin or I would have had concussion!!!
Who knew recycling good be so dangerous?:D

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Happy Wednesday everyone [emoji851]
Good to not see everyone up and about. Tomorrow I’m going to head back to work. I also go see the eye surgeon for my 1 week post op appointment.
Hope the doctor is happy with your progress and that work goes Ok too.
I have my first day back on Friday too.....After so long away I'm not looking forward to it- I like being home now!!!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
All caught up again. I have been busy with work for the last couple of days. So nice to actually have some work to do for a change instead of having to twiddle my thumbs and look busy.

I hope everyone is having a good Wednesday. Me it is sunny outside, but slightly chilly still. And there is supposed to be rain on Friday and Saturday. Yayyy.
Time passes more quickly when you are busy.
Your weather sounds like the opposite of ours - we have a couple of dry, sunny days to look forward to on Friday and Sat - still chilly for June though!
Enjoy your rain!
I quite like it being as wet as it is - it keeps the foul mouthed neighbours indoors!!!:)

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
I'm sure they will - I'm just glad I had a fleece jacket on to soften the blow a bit!
Good job I was just stepping back from the bin or I would have had concussion!!!
Who knew recycling good be so dangerous?:D
I'm thinking you should wrap yourself in bubble wrap! Then if you fell you would bounce. You'd have a miserable time going to the bathroom, but it might be worth the extra effort to not always be injured. [emoji856]

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good luck for your return too :)
Thanks - it will hopefully be an easyish day.
Next week I'll be in Thurs and Friday and so on, not long until the summer hols then so extra recovery time.
I must say, I've missed the children and some of the staff, but haven't missed the work at all - can't think why;)

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Lola has had a busy day today and has been outside grazing on his clover patch for quite a lot of it.
It hasn't been that warm - cooler than I have usually let him out for in the past, but he has been waiting by the door so who am I to stop him?
He returns to his basking spot to recharge regularly so he should be OK.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Sooooo, where are you going to put them?

Well I put them in Toretto’s Garden!!
I was traveling to a company for work today and I passed a flea market on the side of the road. They had lots of what I like to call metal art. People make to neatest things from metal and then paint it.. usually it’s too IMG_2903.jpgIMG_2904.jpgIMG_2905.jpgexpensive for me but this guy was willing to haggle on prices so I left with some cool art work and a couple of bronze frogs... The garden might be getting a little crowded! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]IMG_2902.jpg