Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Is that a hybrid zebra?
No the okapi is a separate specie all its own, related to the giraffe.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OkapiThe okapi (/oʊˈkɑːpiː/; Okapia johnstoni), also known as the forest giraffe, Congolese giraffe, or zebra giraffe, is an artiodactyl mammal native to the northeast of the Democratic Republic of the Congo in Central Africa.
Family‎: ‎Giraffidae
Genus‎: ‎Okapia; ‎Lankester‎, 1901
Species‎: ‎O. johnstoni
Kingdom‎: ‎Animalia

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I knew your name.:) It was a joke and I don`t eat pet rabbits. ( but the ones that are ornery have the best taste ):eek::D
Hopefully I can cheer you up every now and then with a new song I sing and with counting tortoises....:):tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort:
I know I had to keep the ball rolling though...

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I knew your name.:) It was a joke and I don`t eat pet rabbits. ( but the ones that are ornery have the best taste ):eek::D
Hopefully I can cheer you up every now and then with a new song I sing and with counting tortoises....:):tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort:
I listened to one of your songs last night on my utube history. I wanna go home. I'll find the one you posted to me. I'm subscribed.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
The deer love our plants and garden way too much, especially the about to flower Hosta and Monarda (depriving the hummingbirds of sweet nectar).

We sprayed some deer repellent down not quite 24 hours ago. Wow! Look how well it works ;-)

View attachment 273744
You need an alpaca - apparently they are good guard...um....alpacas and will send other animals off.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
We are home [emoji4]

Tomorrow I am on the road North. Up to Derbyshire to see my Mum.

It took just over 2 hours from taking off at Paris Charles de Gaulle to walking through our front door. It will take 4.5 hours to get to Mum’s.
You should be there by now so hope you had a good journey with not too many heavy showers en route.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
A very quick late hello.
The shops have taken over my life at the moment so not much time to pop in.
Dress found - now need jacket and possibly shoes as I don't think I will manage all day in my heels with my gammy leg.
Glad to see everyone is well and getting out and about.
See you soon but Nos Da for now!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Hmmm, yummy....:eek: Ähhh, sorry....:)
But when I think of rabbits I think of a yummy rabbit roast. @Kristoff would think the same. Right, Lena ?:D
My pets are a standing joke in my family so when I found this antique roaster I thought it would be a perfect litter pan...well...Razberri would have none of that. I got tired of sweeping up Timothy so...0604191856.jpg

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
A very quick late hello.
Dress found - now need jacket and possibly shoes as I don't think I will manage all day in my heels with my gammy leg.
That's really nice news. That you actually found a dress you like. Best wishes for flats and a jacket.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Took my grandson to the San Diego zoo yesterday. I haven’t been here in about 3yrs. We also have the San Diego Safari Park which is my go to park since I’m a bit closer.
I went to the zoo to see the torts and the two new giraffe calves.

View attachment 273861

View attachment 273862

View attachment 273863

View attachment 273864

View attachment 273865

View attachment 273866

View attachment 273867
View attachment 273868
View attachment 273869
View attachment 273870View attachment 273871

Two of my very favorite things! Adorable little boy and beautiful animals[emoji12]
Thank you for sharing !!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
A very quick late hello.

Congrats! Your halfway there... I sure don’t envy you the other half... oven would definitely be empty by now[emoji16]

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
My pets are a standing joke in my family so when I found this antique roaster I thought it would be a perfect litter pan...well...Razberri would have none of that. I got tired of sweeping up Timothy so...View attachment 273891

Now that is funny!!! I certainly know how the jokes go [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Pastel Tortie

North Florida
A very quick late hello.
YAY! You found the dress! Now maybe your fairy godmother will help with the shoes... Just not glass slippers. We don't need you breaking or slipping on anything!