COLD DARK ROOM

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
I have a dryer but never use it to save electricity, always hang the washing out on the line when I can, and in the winter or wet weather I use a clothes horse and dry them indoors. I have neighbours who always use a dryer even when the weather is good - doesn't make sense to me to pay for something you could do for free (and help the planet!)

I am somewhere in between. I do have a dryer which I use sometimes, but I use the washing line outside when I can and have clothes horses indoors when I can’t.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I have a dryer but never use it to save electricity, always hang the washing out on the line when I can, and in the winter or wet weather I use a clothes horse and dry them indoors. I have neighbours who always use a dryer even when the weather is good - doesn't make sense to me to pay for something you could do for free (and help the planet!)
Amen. I've always enjoyed hanging out clothes. If it rains I get an extra rinse. I do have allergies but I still find I like my clothes better.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
For a very long time I did not have a dryer. But now I do. I use it when it rains. As we only do washing once a week.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I'm going to think on clothes horses. I've done that too. My problem is I'm older and not in the best of health YET. My brothers clothes are another story. I like hanging my clothes on a plastic hanger and air drying. My brother wouldn't understand that concept yet...you can always fluff them in a dryer.

Cheryl Hills

5 Year Member
Youngstown, Ohio
Good mornooning everyone. It’s Tuesday :) I am waiting for my Supermarket shop to be delivered and then I shall need to find something to keep my brain busy while my activity is reduced. Honestly, I would rather have that cough and chest infection. At least I didn’t care that I couldn’t do much!
I never want that back again. I still have a bit of a cough.

Cheryl Hills

5 Year Member
Youngstown, Ohio
emoji23.png
emoji23.png
emoji23.png
No I don't think you did, those are incredible trees.
I lived down in Louisiana for my younger years. Where we went fishing, there were so many cypress trees and stump. From what I hear now, they are protected.

Cheryl Hills

5 Year Member
Youngstown, Ohio
Well, I am caught up again! Found out the other day, my sulcata Shorty, is a he! First time a tort has flashed me. He is only about 8 inches long and 5lb 14oz. He is finally starting to gain weight. Now if my bigger ones would just let me know. I think one is female and one is male but I can not tell. I will have to post pictures to see what you think.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Well, I am caught up again! Found out the other day, my sulcata Shorty, is a he! First time a tort has flashed me. He is only about 8 inches long and 5lb 14oz. He is finally starting to gain weight. Now if my bigger ones would just let me know. I think one is female and one is male but I can not tell. I will have to post pictures to see what you think.
Glad you're feeling better from getting a flue. I'm looking forward to seeing a turdess flash me from a picture instead of real life.