COLD DARK ROOM

TriciaStringer

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Louisiana
Sheldon’s tests came back as cancer. He is helping us accept this diagnosis by destroying his brand new mattress. So not happy with him at the moment. The doctor said that we need to watch his appetite, breathing and energy level. He said if it spreads it will more likely go to the liver or lungs. He said on a scale of 1-3, it was a 3. That’s not good. He said it could come back in a month, year, or never since he is so old already. He still seems like he feels fine just loves to drive us crazy while we are gone. The neighbor is having a new fence built and the machine they were using was beeping a lot. He can’t handle beeping so he tore up his bed. I try not to leave him alone for more than an hour but today we had an awards banquet for our daughter. We have him meds to help, but the beeping was too much. The good news is, he didn’t destroy the walls in the hall like he has done in the past. I’d much rather him destroy the mattress.

Attachments

• 1A227715-929B-44E8-88A1-935D6651A069.jpeg
    1A227715-929B-44E8-88A1-935D6651A069.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 12

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
@EllieMay

Heather I hope you’re healing well. I also hope you are getting plenty of rest. Big hug to you!!

I love that your daughter is in FFA!! My sisters kids are heavily into it and I never get to see them because their always raising a calf or turkey etc. We only get together after the big auction!
My son used to want to stay with his cousins until he found out they were cleaning and feeding farm animals at 5am before school.
Whahaha. That would put me off as well. [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
What a character and who put that silly barrier there to try to stop a determined tort like Shelly!?
I love hearing about her.

God forbid I keep her out [emoji849]
She definitely provides plenty of opportunities for fresh material to share [emoji851]

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Hello friends in the CDR. It's been awhile since I've been here I hope everyone and their Torts are doing ok. I'm finally getting started on my pond today. I've decided to put it on my car port. It will get sun there and I think it will be easier to keep clean vs all the falling leaves in my backyard. Here's what I'm starting withView attachment 267925 View attachment 267926
That looks like an awesome start. Can we get a pic or two of snap? We haven't seen him for a while.

Reptilony

QC, CAN
Sheldon’s tests came back as cancer. He is helping us accept this diagnosis by destroying his brand new mattress. So not happy with him at the moment. The doctor said that we need to watch his appetite, breathing and energy level. He said if it spreads it will more likely go to the liver or lungs. He said on a scale of 1-3, it was a 3. That’s not good. He said it could come back in a month, year, or never since he is so old already. He still seems like he feels fine just loves to drive us crazy while we are gone. The neighbor is having a new fence built and the machine they were using was beeping a lot. He can’t handle beeping so he tore up his bed. I try not to leave him alone for more than an hour but today we had an awards banquet for our daughter. We have him meds to help, but the beeping was too much. The good news is, he didn’t destroy the walls in the hall like he has done in the past. I’d much rather him destroy the mattress.

Sorry about the bad news...Is that a dane? How old is he? They usualy don’t go further than 10 yo and get hip problems...At least he’s keeping it real by destroying his new mattress...He ain’t gonna change no matter what !

TriciaStringer

5 Year Member
Louisiana
Sorry about the bad news...Is that a dane? How old is he? They usualy don’t go further than 10 yo and get hip problems...At least he’s keeping it real by destroying his new mattress...He ain’t gonna change no matter what !
He is 10.5. Our last one died at 8. He is still very active. We are having to force him to stay inside if the kids are out because he won’t stop chasing them.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I've been having a little potter in my garden, can't do too much with a crutch getting in the way but although it's not that warm and quite cloudy it was lovely to get some fresh air and to see the bees busy on my camellia tree.
How is your garden growing? Any silver bells and cockle shells?

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I'm so sorry to hear that, it must be hard for you and your family, but seems that Sheldon is not suffering because of it.
Hopefully you will have him and enjoy his antics for a good while yet and he will continue to drive you up the wall.