COLD DARK ROOM

Lyn W

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK
We are having quit the poppy super bloom here in southern Ca.
I’m not sure about up north where Yvonne is.
People are stopping traffic on the freeway and causing back up and parking along side which is dangerous so now you have to get shuttles.
Here’s around our town.
View attachment 267936

Here’s an arial shot not far from us.
View attachment 267937
Wow that's quite a few poppies!!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
We are having quit the poppy super bloom here in southern Ca.
I’m not sure about up north where Yvonne is.
People are stopping traffic on the freeway and causing back up and parking along side which is dangerous so now you have to get shuttles.
Here’s around our town.
View attachment 267936

Here’s an arial shot not far from us.
View attachment 267937
I've seen it on the news here and wondering if any roommates were getting to see it in person. Maybe we'll have a really beautiful spring bloom too. We've had lots of rain too.
Actually, I hadn't even thought about it. We're in the desert, and most houses are tan, the color of the desert. Gets rather boring all being the same. Maybe I should think about it.

I've thought about it...not until the house needs painting. That won't be for a while.
I like the really light blue, terra cotta, and pastel pink for desert sand homes. With sand colors mixed in. Florida, many years ago was all white houses...they've improved with very light additions of those colors.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Good mornooning everyone!

Hopefully I have fixed the hiccup with the CDR Facebook extension now.

It SHOULD ask you for your posting name when you join so we can match your real name with someone on TFO. It appears doing that broke the group. I think I got it right now!

If it does ask for your posting name, please supply it. If it doesn’t, please message me via FB or via TFO so I know it’s you!

Here’s the link for the CDR
https://www.facebook.com/groups/785037581863143/

Here’s the official TFO group setup by Josh
https://www.facebook.com/groups/tortoiseforum/
I took a screenshot. My son may be over this weekend and will help me get back on Facebook. I'll go from there. All my other friends have tried to coax me too...you guys or gals won.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
We’re in the same canoe - i have never FB’d. Luckily TFO is the primary with FB being the back-up Alternate Command Post
Me too. I'm glad they got caught. Maybe it will get back to what it should be. I'm a complete idiot online and could tell something wasn't right.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
OMW, You are working like crazy after having an hysterectomy, shouldn't you be taking it easy for at least 6 weeks? I mean you don't want to tear any internal stitches or anything. Well done on almost being finished with the night box. I cannot wait for the big reveal.

It’s really just activity with no force behind it. I feel like I’m doing ok.. I don’t know how good the box will look, but it’s well insulated and should last .

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
@EllieMay

Heather I hope you’re healing well. I also hope you are getting plenty of rest. Big hug to you!!

I love that your daughter is in FFA!! My sisters kids are heavily into it and I never get to see them because their always raising a calf or turkey etc. We only get together after the big auction!
My son used to want to stay with his cousins until he found out they were cleaning and feeding farm animals at 5am before school.

I’m great. Things are really so much simpler now but thanks!

I’m so proud of her. Her main interest is Forestry. She is an FFA officer and competes heavily in career and leadership development events. She doesn’t show animals though. Lol... she is just too lazy for that. When she realized how much she would have to do, she opted out:) My animal gene skipped her and landed on my son.. we all have our talents and interests and the differences make people interesting... [emoji16]

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Actually, I hadn't even thought about it. We're in the desert, and most houses are tan, the color of the desert. Gets rather boring all being the same. Maybe I should think about it.

I've thought about it...not until the house needs painting. That won't be for a while.
[emoji23] [emoji23]

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Hello everyone, haven't been feeling well. Trying to shake this infection. New antibiotics are not agreeing with me.
Tried yesterday and today to upload a photo of Opo but it won't upload. I will try later
Oh No Ray. Can the Doctor not give you a different anti-biotics?

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Thanks... My tortoise garden is really coming along! For me, it’s a huge accomplishment! On one hand, I can’t wait to get Toretto moved out because I’ll know he will love it... on the other, I’ll be a nervous wreck with the change for a few weeks I imagine... Lol! Once he is outside, I will convert his big indoor enclosure to a “double decker” and Pickles and Crusher will get an upgrade . They have really grown a lot too.

I’m feeling fine! It’s very difficult for me to limit my activities but I really do try to be aware.. I’m too impatient for setbacks! Now days, the modernization of procedures is amazing and everything is so much less invasive.
Wow. Sounds like an awesome plan. I cannot wait for the pictures. Please do take it easy.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
That's quite a climb!
I would have headed for the bar until the lifts were back in action, but I bet your daughter slept well after all that exercise.

Yes the insurance company of the driver has been in touch and told me they would be happy to settle any claim and expenses.
I have to see a solicitor to get the ball rolling and hope to do that next week sometime. I wasn't going to claim anything as it was an accident, but it has had ,and will continue to have, a big impact on my life (no pun intended) so going to go for it.

I am glad that you are going for it. As I agree it is a big impact on your life. And I imagine expense as well.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
The physio seemed to think it would and apparently the bone mass will thicken around injuries - not necessarily where you want it to.
The ligaments and muscles were also stretched and damaged but hopefully in time they will become stronger and shrink back.
My ankle and foot have definitely changed shape.
But I'll persevere with the exercises and time will tell.
That is a good attitude to have and will take you 90% of the way there. The other 10% is the actual work. [emoji6]