COLD DARK ROOM

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ottawa, Ontario
Rainy and yucky. Good day to work on some wood carvings and finishing final touches (paint, stain).

Here is the logo that I burn into the bottom of all the “things” I create/craft/carve.
View attachment 258607

It’s my initial “M” but rounded to resemble the head of a Yorkshire ram (where I first started carving).
View attachment 258608

So, would you consider sheeping your products internationally? [emoji6]

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Good mornooning all - it's the second day of advent calendar opening and, as John isn't around, to provide us with a musical advent calendar this year, I thought I would work throught the contents of the Christmas playlist on iTunes.

So we had Noddy Holder, Slade's front man, introducing Christmas yesterday, so let's have the full song from the band today

Couldn’t watch it, but YouTube offered me Crown Princess Mary’s address for her husband’s 50th birthday instead. She lost me after “Your Majesties, Your Royal Highnesses, Your Highnesses, Excellencies, ladies and gentlemen...”

Bambam1989

East Texas
Happy birthday, @Bambam1989!!!! [emoji173]️ Please save us some cake? Or did you? Am I late to the party?? [emoji33]
Thank you and to everyone else for the birthday wishes!
I had pumpkin pie for my bday. I got to looking at the recipes and it's a lot better for you than cake! Then hubby made steaks for dinner[emoji4]

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Thank you and to everyone else for the birthday wishes!
I had pumpkin pie for my bday. I got to looking at the recipes and it's a lot better for you than cake! Then hubby made steaks for dinner[emoji4]
That sounds yummy. I am currently roasting a small rack of lamb for me and Joes Dad for our Sunday dinner. Steak really appeals though. I shall have to organise that for next week.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
We subscribe to a travel group “Caravan-Serai” from Washington State that specializes in “The Middle East” and Iran and the “Caucasus Region.” This time of the year they focus on regional recipes for the 12 Days of Caravan-Serai Cooking! For the next 12 days they share various dishes from all of their destinations: the Middle East, North Africa, Cuba, and the Caucasus.

I’ll try and post them all for folks to enjoy or use.

First a picture of the finished dish

DC2FFF4B-F1A5-4265-A865-EB0DB27DEBF9.jpeg

Moroccan Carrot Salad

This year's kick-off recipe is this quick and easy salad. It's colorful, crunchy, tangy and savory with a bit of sweetness. It will look great on any dinner or buffet table, and it tastes great, too!

One common ingredient used in Morocco is cinnamon - and it is used in all kinds of dishes, from savory meat dishes to nutty pastry and dessert dishes, cinnamon is a staple in every Moroccan kitchen.

Moroccan Carrot Salad - prep time = 15 minutes
  • 1/2 cup Cilantro, chopped
  • 1/4 cup Currants
  • 3 Green onion, chopped
  • zest of 1 Lemon
  • 10 oz carrots, sliced into matchsticks or small pieces (you can buy a bag of the matchstick cut carrots at the grocery store to save yourself time!)
  • 1 Shallot, small, cut into small pieces
  • 1/4 cup Lemon juice, fresh
  • 2 tsp Pomegranate molasses
  • 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
  • Pepper, fresh ground to taste
  • 1/2 tsp Sea salt
  • 1/4 cup Lemon infused olive oil
  • 1/4 cup Almonds, toasted sliced
  • 1/4 cup Feta cheese crumbled (you can always add more if you like more feta in your salad)
  • 1 tsp Water, with a drop of orange blossom
Mix all together in a large bowl and serve. If you have a clear glass bowl that will really show off the colors, but any serving bowl is fine.