COLD DARK ROOM

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Good morning all! (yes, it's morning here) My tortoise partner is coming to get all the leopard babies this week-end. I have many chores for him to take care of! But that also means I have to clean house today. So I'll not be talking to you all until late Sunday night or early Monday a.m. Take care of yourselves.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Good morning all! (yes, it's morning here) My tortoise partner is coming to get all the leopard babies this week-end. I have many chores for him to take care of! But that also means I have to clean house today. So I'll not be talking to you all until late Sunday night or early Monday a.m. Take care of yourselves.

Have fun....

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I know that single parent feeling. JoesDad did 7 months in Sydney, Australia, had 3 months at home and then did 18 months in New Delhi, India when the children were in their public exam years.

Usually he spent 2 weeks there and then 2 weeks here. Sometimes it was only 1 week here and sometimes up to 4 weeks over there. It was a punishing schedule especially on his body clock. He can now sleep anywhere at any time of day.
Wow. Must have horrible.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Wasps live to sting again and I still haven’t found this one[emoji35]

My finger is much more swollen than yesterday but the swelling hasn’t spread to my hand View attachment 253950

This is what happened within hours when I was stung last year
View attachment 253951

I’ll keep taking the pills!
Shame. Looks really sore. I hope it goes down soon.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Don’t despair Carol. Think back to where you were. Setbacks happen on the road to recovery and people like me and you are probably never going to be one hundred percent fit. There are always going to be bad periods with our bodies, but hopefully they will become fewer and further between. And if you need painkillers then take them! It doesn’t matter for short periods - that is what they’re for! (And I am dreadful about taking them when I should too [emoji849])

We can do all this online! Vehicle tax is paid by direct debit from the bank or by online payment.

Drivers License is renewed online and will use your passport photo l, as the passport system is connected, or a photo taken yourself against a plain wall.

Even the passport renewal can be done online now - unless the passport is lost or stolen
Wow. How lucky is that. So much better and easier.
And thanks Linda for the encouraging words. In my heart I know what you are saying is very true but one still hopes. The osteopath gave me some good tips to help and it will have to carry on being a work in progress .

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
You too Yvonne. I hope it all gets done. And don't do too much. Although for you that really leaves very little not done.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
I’m down with a headache today. I’ve never had a bad shoulder for about a year and it’s been getting worse.
I went to my chiropractor’s massage therapist and she worked on me yesterday and now I have a headache that won’t go away.
I want to sleep but the contractor hasn’t showed up yet and told me he was coming 2 hours ago.
I’m done whining now.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I’m down with a headache today. I’ve never had a bad shoulder for about a year and it’s been getting worse.
I went to my chiropractor’s massage therapist and she worked on me yesterday and now I have a headache that won’t go away.
I want to sleep but the contractor hasn’t showed up yet and told me he was coming 2 hours ago.
I’m done whining now.
Oh no. Try drinking lots of water. My osteopath always makes me drink lots of water after a session. And it actually does help to prevent a headache.

Bee62

Germany
Ouch. I hope that by now the swelling has gone down and that your finger is feeling much better. It is never nice to be stung by anything. Do wasps die after stinging someone or is that only restricted to bees?
Wasps don`t die after they have stung.;)
Good evening Carol. I hope you have had a nice day.:)

Bee62

Germany
Yayy, Friday has finally arrived.

View attachment 253938

The days are getting longer and hotter. Which means that your days are becoming shorter and colder. Sorry for you all ;).
Today is actually quite windy which makes the temp drop slightly. I love it when the wind blows especially on hot days. Helps tremendously with the heat.

I am seeing the osteopath later today, I was supposed to go back to him only next week, but my neck, shoulder, lower back and arm muscles keep on wanting to go into spasm. And are in pain. I have had to take pain killers once but am trying to stay away from them for as long as possible. Just when I thought that all was going well and that I was getting back to feeling like a normal person it has started again. I am so so sick of it. I need to order myself a new body. Anybody know where I can get one please?

Tomorrow morning I have to get up early so that I can go to the traffic department and renew my car license. Hopefully the queue will not be long, as I cannot stand for long periods and I don't have a walking stick or something to indicate that I have that kind of problem. I am not sure if it is the same overseas, but if you are injured or old or handicapped over here you generally get to skip waiting in queues - which is a good thing, those poor people have enough to deal with without having to stand in queues.

Anyway rant over and I hope everyone has an awesome day.
Hi Carol. I am sorry to hear that you have again pain. Hopefully the osteopath can help you.
I cannot stand for longer periods too. I know what you mean. Good luck that you must not wait too long.
When I find a seller of "new bodies" I will order one for you too.:)

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Hi Carol. I am sorry to hear that you have again pain. Hopefully the osteopath can help you.
I cannot stand for longer periods too. I know what you mean. Good luck that you must not wait too long.
When I find a seller of "new bodies" I will order one for you too.:)
Lol. Thanks Sabine. You are a good friend.