COLD DARK ROOM

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
G’dsy all

It’s hot humid and muggy (and very muddy) here today. Lots of rain this year has kept our garden a bit toooo wet and gushy.
But...our Royal Sultan Sully loves it! Too bad though, after today, temps are to drop 20 plus degrees and stay there.

A pix of Sully out in his mud garden

View attachment 253880
Sully is looking very happy.:D

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Yayy, Friday has finally arrived.

upload_2018-10-12_8-27-16.png

The days are getting longer and hotter. Which means that your days are becoming shorter and colder. Sorry for you all ;).
Today is actually quite windy which makes the temp drop slightly. I love it when the wind blows especially on hot days. Helps tremendously with the heat.

I am seeing the osteopath later today, I was supposed to go back to him only next week, but my neck, shoulder, lower back and arm muscles keep on wanting to go into spasm. And are in pain. I have had to take pain killers once but am trying to stay away from them for as long as possible. Just when I thought that all was going well and that I was getting back to feeling like a normal person it has started again. I am so so sick of it. I need to order myself a new body. Anybody know where I can get one please?

Tomorrow morning I have to get up early so that I can go to the traffic department and renew my car license. Hopefully the queue will not be long, as I cannot stand for long periods and I don't have a walking stick or something to indicate that I have that kind of problem. I am not sure if it is the same overseas, but if you are injured or old or handicapped over here you generally get to skip waiting in queues - which is a good thing, those poor people have enough to deal with without having to stand in queues.

Anyway rant over and I hope everyone has an awesome day.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Wow, your hubby stays away long. Mine stays away maybe a day or two at a time. You must feel like a single parent for most of the year.

I know that single parent feeling. JoesDad did 7 months in Sydney, Australia, had 3 months at home and then did 18 months in New Delhi, India when the children were in their public exam years.

Usually he spent 2 weeks there and then 2 weeks here. Sometimes it was only 1 week here and sometimes up to 4 weeks over there. It was a punishing schedule especially on his body clock. He can now sleep anywhere at any time of day.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Ouch. I hope that by now the swelling has gone down and that your finger is feeling much better. It is never nice to be stung by anything. Do wasps die after stinging someone or is that only restricted to bees?

Wasps live to sting again and I still haven’t found this one[emoji35]

My finger is much more swollen than yesterday but the swelling hasn’t spread to my hand IMG_1539335372.215136.jpg

This is what happened within hours when I was stung last year
IMG_8627.jpg

I’ll keep taking the pills!

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Yayy, Friday has finally arrived.

View attachment 253938

The days are getting longer and hotter. Which means that your days are becoming shorter and colder. Sorry for you all ;).
Today is actually quite windy which makes the temp drop slightly. I love it when the wind blows especially on hot days. Helps tremendously with the heat.

I am seeing the osteopath later today, I was supposed to go back to him only next week, but my neck, shoulder, lower back and arm muscles keep on wanting to go into spasm. And are in pain. I have had to take pain killers once but am trying to stay away from them for as long as possible. Just when I thought that all was going well and that I was getting back to feeling like a normal person it has started again. I am so so sick of it. I need to order myself a new body. Anybody know where I can get one please?

Don’t despair Carol. Think back to where you were. Setbacks happen on the road to recovery and people like me and you are probably never going to be one hundred percent fit. There are always going to be bad periods with our bodies, but hopefully they will become fewer and further between. And if you need painkillers then take them! It doesn’t matter for short periods - that is what they’re for! (And I am dreadful about taking them when I should too [emoji849])
Tomorrow morning I have to get up early so that I can go to the traffic department and renew my car license. Hopefully the queue will not be long, as I cannot stand for long periods and I don't have a walking stick or something to indicate that I have that kind of problem. I am not sure if it is the same overseas, but if you are injured or old or handicapped over here you generally get to skip waiting in queues - which is a good thing, those poor people have enough to deal with without having to stand in queues.

Anyway rant over and I hope everyone has an awesome day.
We can do all this online! Vehicle tax is paid by direct debit from the bank or by online payment.

Drivers License is renewed online and will use your passport photo l, as the passport system is connected, or a photo taken yourself against a plain wall.

Even the passport renewal can be done online now - unless the passport is lost or stolen

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
OVERACHIEVER

Nagh...not sure if anyone else has done Bikram Yoga, but the room is kept at around 105-110 degrees. Stretches and warm up, followed by 26 postures. It really gives you a a whole body workout..the more often you go, the “easier” it gets....

Bee62

Germany
Are you sure about the earthquakes? Granted, it's been years since looked into it, but I was thinking there was a fault line that ran under some of the major cities in Europe... from London to Istanbul. I want to say it hasn't been all that active, but may have experienced some activity shortly after I moved back from the UK. Maybe somewhere in the 2008 timeframe?

All disclaimers apply, as I've been preoccupied with hurricane evacuation, and I had to settle for iced coffee this morning... :)[/QUOTE
Germany is relatively safe with earthquakes. Only in the south we have some but they are not so strong to destroy buildings.
We have had some storms in the past
Lately mine begin early and end late.
What ? :confused: You are confusing me:confused::D

Bee62

Germany
Office floor, walk in closet, moved and added doors and flooring in our room.

The fireplace isn’t even done[emoji53] We waited for the cabinets to come in and we were one short so waiting for it so we can build the platform for the kick plate. We also put recessed lighting in 3 rooms.
Hello Kathy. Sounds like much to do.:(

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Wasps live to sting again and I still haven’t found this one[emoji35]

My finger is much more swollen than yesterday but the swelling hasn’t spread to my hand View attachment 253950

This is what happened within hours when I was stung last year
View attachment 253951

I’ll keep taking the pills!

Oh my goodness!!! That doesn’t look good at all!!! I feel for you.

I do remember that hand from last year!!

Bee62

Germany
Good afternoon all!

I started today with a wasp sting on my finger :( It was lurking on my dressing gown. I still haven't found the little #&£%*?* to murder it

I got stung on my hand last year while gardening and my whole arm swelled up. My doctor prescribed a second antihistamine that I could take alongside the one I had at home and also antibiotics.

I am taking both the prescribed antihistamine (I had some left) and the other again and this time the swelling is restricted to the finger so far. Hopefully thst is where it will stay.

Anyhow, I went to yoga thinking it would take my mind off the discomfort and we went for our favourite coffee-shop-cum-bakery afterwards. There's nothing like a cheese scone with marmite to take your mind off your hurts ;)

I hope you are all having a good Thursday
Oh, nasty wasp ! I don`t like wasps too. Do you know that some wasps eat bees ?
I hope your meds work and you don`t get a swelling. Poor Linda.:(

Bee62

Germany
And a very Happy Birthday to the CDR's one and only Ed. Happy Birthday @ZEROPILOT. I hope Sukey and Kelly are spoiling you :)
Oh, have I missed your birthday ? Sorry Ed. A very Happy Belated Birthday. @ZEROPILOT
22-028.jpg

Bee62

Germany
G’dsy all

It’s hot humid and muggy (and very muddy) here today. Lots of rain this year has kept our garden a bit toooo wet and gushy.
But...our Royal Sultan Sully loves it! Too bad though, after today, temps are to drop 20 plus degrees and stay there.

A pix of Sully out in his mud garden

View attachment 253880
It it obviously that Sully likes the mud. Nice picture.:)

Bee62

Germany
Yes.....unfortunately, with temps predicted to drop 20 degrees overnight, and our lows now in 40s, and going lower from here on into Winter, Sully came inside now. No more hot humid rainy days until May 2019.
What means that Sully comes in ? Can you show us pictures of the indoor enclosure please ?