COLD DARK ROOM

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
Moves the clocks back an hour in the autumn and forward and hour in spring.

It was supposed to make the mornings lighter for workers in the winter months. The practicality in most places is that

- the country/time zone is so big that it makes little difference to those in the extreme north ,(Northern Hemisphere) or South (Southern Hemisphere) as the days are too short anyway

- the whole thing was decided before electric lighting was common and when people worked in more manual (often outdoor jobs)

- farmers hate it. To quote a farmer my parents knew who flatly refused to change his clocks "The cows don't understand"

- half the country can't remember which way the clocks go (spring forward, fall back)
It does sound rather complicated to me. I would have a serious problem if I had to get up earlier for part of the year but would love it when I could sleep later. Lol .

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ottawa, Ontario
Good afternoon all. I had governor duties this morning - pupil discipline panels * sigh *

All dealt with, but then I received a text from our decorator asking if he could come on Thursday to paint son’s bedroom so I had to rush out to get the paint.

The colour was decided, but our town DIY store closed down so I had to drive half an hour to the far side of Tunbridge Wells to get it.

I now have 2 and a bit days to pack the room up so I had better roll my sleeves up and get on with it :D

Lots to do! Hope you’ll have time to pop in before Thursday. :<3: