COLD DARK ROOM

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Louisiana, USA
Lawns cut - including next door (we only have 1) and accepted payment in kind this time ... rhubarb :) And an invitation to pull some whenever I want. We love rhubarb :)
Whenever I see the word "rhubarb" I am reminded of that old comics book "Asterix and Obelix" because whenever something makes Obelix angry, instead of cursing he mutters, "rhubarb, rhubarb, rhubarb...etc":p

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
How do you cook your rhubarb?
For the moment washed, cut into 1.5 inch pieces and bunged in the microwave for a couple of minutes to stew.

I'll freeze it unsweetened as I don't need it today.

It will probably end up as Rhubarb Crumble....
Drain excess liquid, sweeten with sugar and put in a dish then topped with the crumble mix (rub together 4oz flour and 2oz butter/margarine then stir in 3oz sugar to the flour/fat mix)

Bake in the oven at 180C/350F (fan) or 200C/400F (no fan) until the fruit is bubbling at the top browned. Serve with custard or cream.

Another favourite is Rhubarb "Fool"
Drain as much liquid as possible from the rhubarb as possible and sweeten to taste.
Make an equal volume of custard at double the normal thickness (we can get Bird's Custard Powder here - just add hot milk - so use twice as much powder to the milk as usual)
Stir the custard into the fruit and leave to cool and set.

The "Fool" works well with any stewable fruit. So does the crumble come to think of it!

JaymeFrances

Oxford, UK
Good morning all. I'm up early and monitoring rush hour journey times from potential flats for daughter to her new job. She's en route to her reptile translocation job (last week) and is in the car when she needs to be on Google Maps :D
Did I see you'd mentioned that your daughter new job was in Oxfordshire? That's where I am!

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
For the moment washed, cut into 1.5 inch pieces and bunged in the microwave for a couple of minutes to stew.

I'll freeze it unsweetened as I don't need it today.

It will probably end up as Rhubarb Crumble....
Drain excess liquid, sweeten with sugar and put in a dish then topped with the crumble mix (rub together 4oz flour and 2oz butter/margarine then stir in 3oz sugar to the flour/fat mix)

Bake in the oven at 180C/350F (fan) or 200C/400F (no fan) until the fruit is bubbling at the top browned. Serve with custard or cream.

Another favourite is Rhubarb "Fool"
Drain as much liquid as possible from the rhubarb as possible and sweeten to taste.
Make an equal volume of custard at double the normal thickness (we can get Bird's Custard Powder here - just add hot milk - so use twice as much powder to the milk as usual)
Stir the custard into the fruit and leave to cool and set.

The "Fool" works well with any stewable fruit. So does the crumble come to think of it!
YUM!!!!

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
good mornooning one and all:)
Good morning John. Good morning all.

Complicated day today. JoesDad and daughter are going flat hunting straight after she finishes work.

The problem being that flats are being hunted in Southampton and she's working in Surrey and left at 6.30am. So we're driving to Surrey and I'll take her car home so they can go onto Southampton in JoesDad's car.

johnandjade

5 Year Member
scotland
Good morning John. Good morning all.

Complicated day today. JoesDad and daughter are going flat hunting straight after she finishes work.

The problem being that flats are being hunted in Southampton and she's working in Surrey and left at 6.30am. So we're driving to Surrey and I'll take her car home so they can go onto Southampton in JoesDad's car.

good morning mum :) busy busy!!