COLD DARK ROOM

Prairie Mom

I don't mind.
Everybody is welcome in The Cold Dark Room, but there are a few members who don't like to play here and it's an obscure place down the very bottom of the main page where some people never go. ;)
if you just let people start their own thread for a book each time, you may end up with several rival threads running.
A dedicated Book Club Thread which continues book by book and month by month may be the better idea (though the CDR would be happy to host as i have said). The CDR posts may swamp the book club posts.
As for time to read the book, i don't mind again, but a novella like "A Christmas Carol" would take far less time than "War and Peace"! maybe decide book by book ?
Yes, if the three of us pick the first three and if it's successful, other people can suggest books for the following months.
And what about short stories ?

Love the idea of including short stories too.

Lyn, are you interested in this too?:)

Lyn W

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK
Love the idea of including short stories too.

Lyn, are you interested in this too?:)
It would depend on the book and work commitments but if I have the time and the book appeals then yes I would be. I must admit I'm not a reader of deep, meaningful books, nor sci-fi etc I'm more of a chick lit gal - a bit of escapism or humour to wind down before sleep. I just pick up books in my local charity shop.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
It would depend on the book and work commitments but if I have the time and the book appeals then yes I would be. I must admit I'm not a reader of deep, meaningful books, nor sci-fi etc I'm more of a chick lit gal - a bit of escapism or humour to wind down before sleep. I just pick up books in my local charity shop.
I hope you pay for them!!!!!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Not even Cliff Richard ?;)
well - there's always exceptions!!;)
No not really - he's a very nice bloke and I like some of his early stuff with the Shadows - my older sister used to have his records and my brother's band used to play a lot of the Shadows hits too.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
well - there's always exceptions!!;)
No not really - he's a very nice bloke and I like some of his early stuff with the Shadows - my older sister used to have his records and my brother's band used to play a lot of the Shadows hits too.
You're right of course.
Though a couple of his Christmas releases have been unforgivable.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I remember my sister or brother having this one in their record collection and I played it relentlessly when I was old enough to use the record player.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Fair enough.
I think your neighbours think charity begins in your home, too.
My neighbours can't even spell the word let alone know the meaning of it.
Today they washed their rubbish bin and emptied the dirty water plus all the dregs
out into the lane at the end of my garden, and left it all there festering - Lovely people!!!
I swept it back under their gate:D

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
My neighbours can't even spell the word let alone know the meaning of it.
Today they washed their rubbish bin and emptied the dirty water plus all the dregs
out into the lane at the end of my garden, and left it all there festering - Lovely people!!!
I swept it back under their gate:D
They are charmers aren't they ?
Goodness!
i'm one to accept people's differences and weaknesses and the fact that some people didn't have the fortune to have the type of upbringing i had, but really!!!!!!
I have a threshold that it is wise not to overstep.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
They are charmers aren't they ?
Goodness!
i'm one to accept people's differences and weaknesses and the fact that some people didn't have the fortune to have the type of upbringing i had, but really!!!!!!
I have a threshold that it is wise not to overstep.

They have no consideration for anyone - not just me - but expect everyone else to let them do what they want.
- very, very selfish people! Her mother was teacher too so she didn't have a bad upbringing herself, but certainly dragged her own kids up

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
In 14th place for December gaining 7 points to their 2015 total is..............Abdulla!!!!!
@AbdullaAli hoping your health is much better and that 2016 is a little more stress free for you.
Hope to speak to you soon, my friend!!!! :)
Has anyone heard how Abdulla is lately? I do hope he is feeling better.