COLD DARK ROOM

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Beaumont, CA.
Happy New year to Adam and all of the nice folks in the Cold Dark Room. I would really like to spend more time in here. I'm hoping that someone can install a small heating system or fireplace, in the corner. Just to get the temp to 70 F. I understand the need for darkness :eek:
I will leave a large pack of cheese on the table.
:<3::<3:

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Happy New year to Adam and all of the nice folks in the Cold Dark Room. I would really like to spend more time in here. I'm hoping that someone can install a small heating system or fireplace, in the corner. Just to get the temp to 70 F. I understand the need for darkness :eek:
I will leave a large pack of cheese on the table.
:<3::<3:
Hello!!!:)
You are always welcome.
Sorry about the Cold, but the warmth of the people here more than compensates! :)
Thanks for the cheese.
yyyyyyuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D
And points.

Prairie Mom

@Prairie Mom So when are you starting this book club?
That's what I get for opening my big fat mouth!:D

My "in person book club" sometimes picks painful books on occasion and I do love reading a book together and discussing.

I'm game if you and others are willing to participate and rotate book choices. Also, no one is allowed to shun me when I choose to pick brain-candy fantasy/sci fi novels. -My current book club doesn't appreciate these as well:)

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
That's what I get for opening my big fat mouth!:D

My "in person book club" sometimes picks painful books on occasion and I do love reading a book together and discussing.

I'm game if you and others are willing to participate and rotate book choices. Also, no one is allowed to shun me when I choose to pick brain-candy fantasy/sci fi novels. -My current book club doesn't appreciate these as well:)
i'm in as long as i can get a copy of it here. :)
I think it's worth a try.
Though reading by luminous jellyfish light is bad for the eyes.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
In 15th place for December, earning 6 points to add to the 2015 final score is........................Gillian!!!
@Gillian Moore Hoping you have a warm winter and some nice rain but no more snow!!!!!!
Love to Oli and hoping his new enclosure works out.:)
best wishes for 2016 from wifey, Tidgy and me and a big, big, big new year hug to Oli from Tidgy. :tort:

Prairie Mom

i'm in as long as i can get a copy of it here. :)
I think it's worth a try.
Though reading by luminous jellyfish light is bad for the eyes.
Jellyfish light--ha ha!:D

So, a couple questions for you guys (@Tidgy's Dad & @jaizei and anyone else who's game)
Do you want the book to have its own thread in the book/media area of the forum, possibly one started by whoever suggests the book? Or would you rather we just mention it in here? I like the idea of adding another wing to the Cold Dark Room. -My only concern with this is that we'd have to tag other readers whenever anyone book-chats, or I know will miss it all.

My other book club gives a month for each book. Do we want a similar timeframe to complete our reading? I might need longer, because it's a struggle for me to have time to keep up with my reading as it is.

How do you want to start? The three of us each pick a book and claim a month that way we know it has to at least continue for three months? :)

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
I don't mind.
Everybody is welcome in The Cold Dark Room, but there are a few members who don't like to play here and it's an obscure place down the very bottom of the main page where some people never go. ;)
if you just let people start their own thread for a book each time, you may end up with several rival threads running.
A dedicated Book Club Thread which continues book by book and month by month may be the better idea (though the CDR would be happy to host as i have said). The CDR posts may swamp the book club posts.
As for time to read the book, i don't mind again, but a novella like "A Christmas Carol" would take far less time than "War and Peace"! maybe decide book by book ?
Yes, if the three of us pick the first three and if it's successful, other people can suggest books for the following months.
And what about short stories ?

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I don't mind.
Everybody is welcome in The Cold Dark Room, but there are a few members who don't like to play here and it's an obscure place down the very bottom of the main page where some people never go. ;)
if you just let people start their own thread for a book each time, you may end up with several rival threads running.
A dedicated Book Club Thread which continues book by book and month by month may be the better idea (though the CDR would be happy to host as i have said). The CDR posts may swamp the book club posts.
As for time to read the book, i don't mind again, but a novella like "A Christmas Carol" would take far less time than "War and Peace"! maybe decide book by book ?
Yes, if the three of us pick the first three and if it's successful, other people can suggest books for the following months.
And what about short stories ?
I like short stories - they are on the lower shelves of the library so short story readers like myself can reach them.