Closed chamber for russian?

Rsek

Location (City and/or State)
London, UK
I'm moving house soon, and I will have s bunch more space, I am planning on having a better enclosure built (being disabled doesn't lend itself to easy DIY)
I was wondering what opinions were on enclosed space Vs humidity, would it be better to have it more breathable, i.e mesh top, or more enclosed,i.e plexiglass /correx, or would it be better without any lid like a tort table. He is currently in an open top bin structure I made from combining 2 deep storage bins, which works for now, but I would like to get something better when I have moved. It is no problem in the summer but I anticipate the temperature will be less than ideal in winter with open living.
Advice and guidance very welcome

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
An appropriately sized closed chamber works well for any species or age tortoise. It does not have to be kept super humid. Dry substrate and a water dish will only make moderate humidity in a closed chamber, and that is good for any species. I like the ability to easily control temps and humidity without fighting the room air. Closed chambers are also much more energy efficient since you are only heating and lighting a small contained area, instead of fighting the physical properties of the whole room and whole house.