Cheapest closed chamber ever

Romeo Serback

Location (City and/or State)
New Jersey
Hi I'm new here. Learned about closed chambers a few days ago so I converted my Hoppy's open air tub setup to a closed chamber today. Basically just a 50 gallon plastic storage bin. I split the lid in half hot dog style so that I can access the inside by pulling off the front half without disturbing the heat lamp. The cord of the lamp is fitted through a slit I made on the other half of the lid so it's fully inside the enclsoure. The setup goes under my reptile rack so it's not hard to mount the lighting with the wire shelf on top. Figured I'd share since this setup literally only cost me $20, for others who are working on a budget. Planning to cut out a side wall and seal it with a clear shower curtain so I can see into it without taking off the front half of the lid. This probably took me an hour to build.

View attachment 225325
View attachment 225326 View attachment 225327 View attachment 225328
Have you ever thought about using plexiglas for the top? I think the minimum thickness would be .22 because i used a much thinner one and it started to bow. It might be a little more expensive though. I do like your setup. It should be good for 2-3 years right?