Clicking

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannomite

5 Year Member
Hi all,

So Nova my baby sulcata seems to be doing very well so far. Shes very active, and eats/drinks every day. Shes growing and her shell seems to be growing in correct proportion with very little pyramiding. One question I had was I always hear her make clicking sounds with her mouth, you can see her moving her mouth when shes doing it, I dont think it is breathing related, my thoughts are that it maybe something to do with her beak...is this normal behavior? Could there be something wrong or something I should be doing differently? She has a cuddlebone but never touches it, seems to be well hydrated and as I said eats and drinks quite regularly so other then the clicking she seems very healthy. Any ideas?

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
USA
It's very normal behavior :D, just that some tortoises do it more than others. Nothing to worry about.

Danny

richalisoviejo

5 Year Member
Mine does the same thing and he’s doing just fine. I don’t have a cuttlebone instead I have been giving him Rep-Cal with calcium and vit D3 Ultra fine powder. He wouldn’t have anything to do with the cuttlebone.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Inland Empire, CA
If you are using a UVB light or your torts are in the sun frequently be careful of the D3 powder. They can overdose on D3 especially in congunction with sun or UVB lights.

dannomite

5 Year Member
Robyn, I've read about this overdose of d3 in other forums before

What I have is a 100 Gallon Reptarium (mesh) on a table with Heat lamps and a Reptiglo 8.0 Tube UVB light. I also have a Reptical Calcium supplement with D3 in it. Every day I have been sprinkling just a pinch on her food. Its not very clear how much supplement I should be giving in most of the posts. Could I be giving too much d3 as I have a UVB bulb too? Is this too little calcium? I guess this should go in another thread but I really appreciate your input!

treshell

5 Year Member
In nature you find lots of different critters make a clicking sound. It means stay alert, pay attention, something is out of place in the world.
treshell

Status
Not open for further replies.