Christie

Status
Not open for further replies.

cooky_luvs

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Garland, Texas
Here are some daylight pictures of Christie, my craigslist find. Now that I know she's a female we can keep the name she came with. She was enjoying the grass and sunshine today.

Far as breeding down the line. How big do the males have to be? I think my little guys have some growing to do lol.

ImageUploadedByTortForum1378326510.467503.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1378326527.376196.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1378326546.508955.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Dannikabd

5 Year Member
Houston Texas
Interesting shell, she's a beauty:)

Sean Lee, my Russian Tortoise[TURTLE][TWO HEARTS]

biochemnerd808

10 Year Member!
Central Arkansas (we moved!)
Nice and big, I can't wait til my females get to be that size! :)

A male needs to be about 5 inches or larger to breed, although that doesn't stop them from humping before then. You might already know this, but please make sure your female has separate quarters... otherwise the boys will bother her so much that she becomes ill and withdrawn... it's ok for them to spend a little time together if you want to breed them, but not all the time.

cooky_luvs

10 Year Member!
Garland, Texas
Thanks all :)

Yeah, they're all in separate enclosures. The boys are both right about 5 inches. Perfect. And i'm glad they're smaller so she's safer, I've heard they can get aggressive. Not something I want to try yet but I'm excited to try later down the line :)

Status
Not open for further replies.