Changed enclosure a bit!

T0rtug@

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Illinois
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg I recently made a few changes to Mr. Turtles enclosure. Here's a link to it before
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/new-hatchling-new-enclosure.100989/#post-942907

I created a new hide and got rid of the terra cotta pot. I used four left over paver bricks I had in the shed and created a bigger semi buried hide. I left one brick exposed which is were I've been feeding him. I cordoned off an area where I planted some Testudo Mix from TortoiseSupply which is already starting to grow. I have also added a CHE which I needed since my temps were droping to high 60s low 70s at night with high humidity. Now I'm maintaining humidity in the 80s at night with temps in the 80s. Lowest it gets is 79 as you'll see in the pictures.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Very nice! I have one suggestion (in case it hasn't been already mentioned). Pat down the substrate with the palm of your hand to pack it down and make it easier for the baby to walk on.

T0rtug@

5 Year Member
Illinois
Thanks Yvonne G. I pay it down often but now that I let the top of the substrate dry out, I find it hard to keep that layer compact.

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
:p He's so cute! Very nice, I like his cave. Yes, the seed mixes grow really fast... my russain LOVES eating the sprouts, so if you want them to mature, the wood is a good idea :D