New hatchling, New enclosure.

T0rtug@

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Illinois
Hello, after weeks of browsing through this amazing forum, I finally got my Ibera Greek hatchling from Chris Leone at Garden State Tortoise. I set up his enclosure using a storage bin, coco coir, 125W MVB. During the day his basking temp under the bulb was 95F while the opposite side was 78F. After coming home from work after the MVB was off, I find my humidity still 82% but my temp was at 68F. The bin was completely open but my humidity was still above 80%. How can lower it?

Last edited:

T0rtug@

5 Year Member
Illinois
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg I can't upload a picture of the little guy because he burrowed himself deep and I didn't want to bug him., but I have a neat shot of his shell.

G-stars

5 Year Member
Southern California
Humidity is good above 80. Just have to get your temps higher too. Try a ceramic heater

T0rtug@

5 Year Member
Illinois
I was thinking of a ceramic heater G-stars. I really want to have one set up with a thermostat but I may be able to only afford the CHE for now.

G-stars

5 Year Member
Southern California
I strongly recommend a CHE with a thermostat. If left on for too long it could overheat your little guy especially in an enclosed chamber as it traps the heat in and humidity. I use two thermometer readers inside mine and the thermostat.