ceramic heaters uvb & such

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sudhira

5 Year Member
I am a newbie, with some knowledge ( dangerous? ). I must buy a heat light and full spectrum light...

Which brand/type should I buy> How much wattage for a 5X3 enclosure? Our weather here has been unusually hot, but the fog is rolling in soon and I need to act quickly!

Many Thanks

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Inland Empire, CA
I have Greeks and I like the T-Rex MVB (Mercury Vapor Bulb) they are pricey but they provide UBV as well as heat so you get two bulbs in one. They can not be used during nighttime for that you will need a infared, blacklight or Ceramic heat emitter. I also prefer the CHE because they do not put out light and seem to last longer than the infared or blacklight bulbs but are more expensive. I get my T-Rex at www.reptiledepot.com or sometimes Ebay. same with the CHE. Oh and I use a 100 watt MVB and CHE.

Sudhira

5 Year Member
Crazy1 said:
I have Greeks and I like the T-Rex MVB (Mercury Vapor Bulb) they are pricey but they provide UBV as well as heat so you get two bulbs in one. They can not be used during nighttime for that you will need a infared, blacklight or Ceramic heat emitter. I also prefer the CHE because they do not put out light and seem to last longer than the infared or blacklight bulbs but are more expensive. I get my T-Rex at www.reptiledepot.com or sometimes Ebay. same with the CHE. Oh and I use a 100 watt MVB and CHE.

Thank you this is exactly the information I needed, and thank goodness this is exaclty what I purchased online today. It will be shipped overnight! Yay, and I bought the 100 watts!

Status
Not open for further replies.