Ceramic heat emitters

Status
Not open for further replies.

colatoise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
South Carolina
I'm purchasing a zoo med ceramic heat emitter for winter. Trying to decide if I should buy the 60 watt or 100 watt. My indoor enclosure is 4x3x1. I only need it at nights as I have a basking/ UVB 100 watt for daytime. I only want the night temps to be aprox. 65-70. What are you guys advice?

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
I usually go for the 100 watt. You should use a thermostat regardless, so the 100 would give more flexibility.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I would go with the 100 also. You can always adjust it up if to hot. But can't adjust it down but on,y so far.

colatoise

10 Year Member!
South Carolina
What brand thermostat do you recommend? I won't need a timer if I have a thermostat right? Thanks!

MooingTricycle

5 Year Member
Herpstat all the way. Expensive yes, but ultimately the most reliable. They are the ONLY stats i use now. I do use zoo med for quick stuff or temp setups and did for years with no problem, but i dislike the lack of digital display. Better than those round top ones, i feel, personally.

colatoise

10 Year Member!
South Carolina
Will the herpstat allow me to set different temps for day and night? Say 12 hours in basking side at 95 and 12 at 72 for nighttime? Just as an example. If so, I can replace my mvb with a CHE and just get a UVB bulb for daytime right?

MooingTricycle

5 Year Member
I dont know about the newest models, but they used to/may still sell the night drop cable that would allow a night drop temp to be programmed into the unit, the new ones may be different, Id have to research when im on a pc again, spyder robotics, if you choose to google.

Status
Not open for further replies.