Cecil - 'This is your life' (so far)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dae

5 Year Member
(Hi All, I just hatched my very first Horsefield baby so I asked him to write you a little story Lol)

My story begins when my Human mummy Dae rehomed my tortie mum and dad Gladys and Humphrey along with their friend Gertrude over a year ago. They were in a bad way and little Gertrude was mostly blind due to their UV being side mounted and both were badly injured from Humphrey's agression. Humphrey also needed help learning to walk due to muscle wastage but our friends on Shelled Warriors suggested exercises he could do and he was on his feet in no time. The vet thought they wouldn't make it but the girls were given a quiet home away from the males and egg bound Gladys laid a clutch of 5 infertile eggs within days of arriving at Dae's house. They were all nursed back to health and are now the most valued members of dae's family. . .

Cecil9new.jpg

I was from Gladys' second clutch. Here I am as a little egg. I was Laid on 15th April 2010 but not incubated until 17th and this is me on 5th May amost 3 weeks later . . .

Cecil10new.jpg

Here I am on 19th May, getting bigger . . .

Cecil8new.jpg

Then my mum went on holiday and left me all alone in my incubator. Even though she had turned down my cooking temperature and had a stern word with me, I couldn't wait until she got home on the 18th June so I hatched a few days early and surprised her . . . I also had some fun rolling my siblings' eggs around during the days I was home alone!!! . . .

Cecil1new.jpg

I had some substrate stuck to my yolk sac so I was given a 2 minute soak to loosen it off . . .

Cecil2new.jpg

Then I met my new human Daddy . . .

Cecil3new.jpg

and my tortie Mummy . . .

Cecil4new.jpg

I weighed 15 grams and was a little larger that a 50 pence piece . . .

Cecil6new.jpg

My shell started to straighten out nicely . . .

Cecil5new.jpg

and I discovered I like cucumber . . .

Cecil7new.jpg

TBC as I grow . . .

Paige Lewis

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Swansea, UK
That was a great read and i love all the images, he is so cute and i am extremely impressed with the speech and story writing skills he has developed already!

Yourlocalpoet

5 Year Member
Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Wow this tortoise should be on for an english degree in a few years! Love the photos, absolutely adorable! Love the one next to mum and the 50p, he's so tiny!

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Very nice story :D Thanks for sharing and Congrats to the tort parents and to you on your little one :D

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
So cute! I love the pic of him next to his mom- how precious :)
His carapace almost looks camo- cool markings! :cool:

dae

5 Year Member
Ha ha Thank you all!!! Yes he has developed rather advanced literature skills to say he is only a few days old LOL!!!!! Glad you enjoyed it!!! xx

Status
Not open for further replies.