Caution!

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
PacificNorthWest
I'm going out of town and my neighbor is going to take care of my house, so I was taking her around so she can see, with instructions. The very first habitat we walked up to had a deformed box turtle upside down under a CHE. She was so hot I'm surprised she didn't burst into flame. I would have caught it earlier if it were a normal day. She was 5 or 6 years old. I realize it was an accident, BUT, she might have stood a chance if the CHE wasn't so hot and too close. It had slipped down. So I'm thinking, I should have looked at everybody, even tho I was waiting so somebody else could turn on the lights and feed. I feel bad.

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
My neighbor had to feed my tortoises for a week. He even went and got romain (not the best however). A couple of times he forgot to turn the light on or off, no one is perfect. Help is help. He also fed my dogs twice a day and let them out 4 times a day at least. Lyns was in the hospital but I couldn't leave her. They will be okay. Just check in and maybe tell her to leave the light off?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Are you using the clamp feature with the CHE? The clamp is not trustworthy.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I paid my neighbor a great deal of cash to take care of my creatures (mostly my dog) the last time I went on vacation for a few days.
He did a very minimal job.
I don't suppose anyone will take care of your animals like you would yourself.

Srmcclure

Oklahoma city
I am always nervous for the day we have to go somewhere... i know my mom will spoil her grand-dogs, but not many people know how to care for tortoise, let alone 2 different species... even if you give a detailed list you just never know...