Care Pages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhyno47

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Hagerstown, MD
I was thinking that the site could have care pages. One per species and it could be a Wikipedia type deal. Anyone can alter the pages. We could have it so that only Members and up can change it to keep people who dont know very much from making any bad changes too. Any ideas?

shelber10

10 Year Member!
long island NY
that sounds like a good idea thats might be able to help the members on thier questions

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
We talked about this on the forum a while ago, and HermannChris put up a care sheet for (I think) Hermann's tortoises. But seems like that's as far as we got. I agree it would be a good idea to have a care sheet, but we would have to remember to go back and update it whenever we learned something new in the care of that tortoise.

Yvonne

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
It sounds like such a great idea. But how would you do something like that, when every care sheet is so different. I have learned to keep my mouth shut on other forums when it comes to the care of Redfoots. On some forums, people can get down right nasty, if you give your opinion and it differs from theirs. That's why I always say..."this is what works for me...it's not written in stone."

Stazz

5 Year Member
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
I think that would be fantastic ! Just the basic outlines of the necessities which each species of tort would need etc, I think that would be awesome. Then newbies can ask questions about that. I bet it will help with repeated questions.

M

Maggie Cummings

The idea that anyone could alter the pages is a bad one. You write they should be kept warm, I come on behind you and say they need to be kept cold. We could argue back and forth deleting and changing the care sheets. That idea just wouldn't work. Having one or 2 people keeping the care sheets might work. I personally think we are becoming too much...

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I wasn't thinking of just anyone altering the care sheet. More along the lines of closing the thread, and having the author update the info.

Yvonne

Status
Not open for further replies.