Cannibal Holocaust (Turtle Scene) Warning! Graphic DO NOT WATCH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kingman, Arizona
One of the saddest things I've ever seen in the idyllic animal world was a male black rhino, flip out and decide his very young male offspring was competition. It was terrible. Reminded me too much of human psychosis.

Shannon and Jason

5 Year Member
South Arkansas
I didn't watch the full video but growing up my grand father was from louisana and when we would go visit he would occassionally make turtle soup.....the way they killed the turtles were by cutting off the heads. Now they didn't make a big production about it and it was done as swiftly as possible. I know it looked to be very inhumane but there are far worse ways to kill an animal. They also ate the turtle which means it wasn't killed for nothing (even if they werent starving).

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Cowboy_Ken said:
One of the saddest things I've ever seen in the idyllic animal world was a male black rhino, flip out and decide his very young male offspring was competition. It was terrible. Reminded me too much of human psychosis.

Did you see the one with the Hippo? Same story. This big male just went after this juvenile. Took a long time to kill it. Gut wrenching to watch. Mother tried to stop it but failed.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
My grandfather used to raise chickens to eat. I was in the basement one time when he was killing a couple of them for dinner. He chopped off the head and the body went running around the basement, headless for long enough for me to escape up the stairs screaming.

Godcomplex

5 Year Member
Indonesia , jakarta - bali
sibi said:
Team Gomberg said:
JohnBoy1 said:
I myself am a outdoorsman and to catch a meal and then to wrestle with it and drag it up a bank on its back does nothing but taint the meat with adrenaline tightening the muscles and making it very tough.

I find this very interesting....
[/quote

Interesting? Why? Did you not know this? It's NOT about food or the kind of food we eat. It's all about being humane about killing animals for food. There is a wrong way and there is a right way. This film shows the wrong way, and was done in an inhumane way. Many hunters know the way to hunt an animal for food. You don't stress and fight the animal because of the adrenaline released from the animal. Not only does it make the meat tougher to eat, but it's very bad to eat healthwise. Over time, it can cause stomach cancer or other serious ailments. Do a search on the internet to see for yourself.

Wow this is mind blowing

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
emysemys said:
My grandfather used to raise chickens to eat. I was in the basement one time when he was killing a couple of them for dinner. He chopped off the head and the body went running around the basement, headless for long enough for me to escape up the stairs screaming.

I've had similar experiences Yvonne. My Dad used to get a Turkey and we'd play with it all Summer and then he would kill it for Thanksgiving. My sister and I were looking out our bedroom window and saw the headless turkey running around the yard. Although he taught me how to respect and love animals, he was brought up on a farm, and ate what he raised. Maybe that's why I don't eat meat today.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
In hunting, often cutting off the head of an animal is considered to be the most humane method; however, I have a problem with that. Regardless of the size of the animal's brain, if the head is cut off, there is still some brain activity however brief it is. With brain activity, there's still the possibility of pain sensation. Euthanizing an animal so that all brain activity is dead and the heart stops beating is as humane as it gets. But, that's not what the film showed. Instead, it showed the common, acceptable method of chopping off the head. Just because a method is acceptable doesn't mean it's the most humane.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
emysemys said:

I think the case of Mike the headless chicken is interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.