call of the wildman

Status
Not open for further replies.

african cake queen

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
ct.usa
just caught the show. turtleman is a trip. i can not belive this guy. so far, seems like a good show for the animal planet. has anyone seen it yet? cant help laughing my butt off. this turtleman from kentucky is cool.

african cake queen

5 Year Member
ct.usa
RE: call of the widman

so far , have not seen him hurt anything, sets them free.

Kvoigt

5 Year Member
South Dakota

momo said:
just caught the show. turtleman is a trip. i can not belive this guy. so far, seems like a good show for the animal planet. has anyone seen it yet? cant help laughing my butt off. this turtleman from kentucky is cool.

makes me wish i had cable LOL its pry somthin i would watch :D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

I think he's a jerk. I hate the way he holds those snapping turtles by the plastron. It looks like that would be painful to the turtle. And I've seen him occasionally hold them by their tail. This could actually be harmful to the turtle. And kissing its face? Puhleeze!

I watched a couple episodes, then decided it wasn't my cup of tea. I DO like the skunk guy. And, of course, the one who started it all, Billy the exterminator!

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
I have not seen this show, may have seen a preview but not 100% sure...

pdrobber

10 Year Member!
oh is this the one that has like no teeth? and he throws them into a pile and they start biting each other. and eventually are sold for meat?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Well, I don't know about the pile thing, but yes, he has no teeth. The two episodes I watched they said they treat them humanely and set them free far away from civilization, back into the wild.

african cake queen

5 Year Member
ct.usa
pdrobber said:
oh is this the one that has like no teeth? and he throws them into a pile and they start biting each other. and eventually are sold for meat?
got his teeth knocked out by chain saw, no, he rehomes the animals. i did see 2 snapper biteing each other , should have been in another bucket.

Kvoigt

5 Year Member
South Dakota
LOL by the sounds of it .. it may be a good thing i dont have cable!! with all the stuff on anymore haha :rolleyes:

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
I have seen the commercial and since I finally have dv-r I have replayed it over and over to see, he is not ripping the tail off that tort is he???Please tell me no!!
And I agree Yvonne, the skunk guy, who I just saw last night, is way cool. And Billy well he rocks!!!
It has become, reality TV or nothing, well except for The Big BAng theory!(and Sons of ANarchy)
NAy

dds7155

5 Year Member
The show is the biggest joke. along with the rattlesnake republic , these two shows were taken off my tivo after the first 2 minutes , does the network exc. think the viewing public will watch anything just cause animals are in them ?

african cake queen

5 Year Member
ct.usa

emysemys said:
I think he's a jerk. I hate the way he holds those snapping turtles by the plastron. It looks like that would be painful to the turtle. And I've seen him occasionally hold them by their tail. This could actually be harmful to the turtle. And kissing its face? Puhleeze!

I watched a couple episodes, then decided it wasn't my cup of tea. I DO like the skunk guy. And, of course, the one who started it all, Billy the exterminator!

i like those guys too.but i think where turtle man lives, some things can affect your farm or live stock. i think its better to relocate then eat or just kill them. i only seen the show a few times .

emysemys said:
Well, I don't know about the pile thing, but yes, he has no teeth. The two episodes I watched they said they treat them humanely and set them free far away from civilization, back into the wild.

he said his teeth where knocked out with a chain saw trimming a tree. 180 stiches.

african cake queen

5 Year Member
ct.usa

yagyujubei

5 Year Member
Amish Country
Don't kid yourselves. How do you think this guy got to be like he is, and handle those snappers the way he does? I'll bet he's trapped, killed, eaten thousands of turtles in his life. Doesn't necessarily mean he does now.Turtleman the tv personality saves 'em. Who knows what the guy portraying him does. To kill snappers or softshells in ohio, all you need is a fishing license. My neighbor eats snappers. He handles them quite well.

african cake queen

5 Year Member
ct.usa
yagyujubei said:
Don't kid yourselves. How do you think this guy got to be like he is, and handle those snappers the way he does? I'll bet he's trapped, killed, eaten thousands of turtles in his life. Doesn't necessarily mean he does now.Turtleman the tv personality saves 'em. Who knows what the guy portraying him does. To kill snappers or softshells in ohio, all you need is a fishing license. My neighbor eats snappers. He handles them quite well.
[/quote YEARS AGO I KNEW PEOPLE THAT GREW UP EATING GATOR, ELK, SOFT SHELL TURTLE. THEY CAUGHT THE TURTLE WITH HOOKS. I COULDNT STAND IT . HAD TO LEAVE. THEY WERE RAISED IN FLORIDA AND TO THIS DAY THEY STILL DO IT. I DONT KNOW ABOUT EATING ANY TURTLE.BUT PEOPLE ARE DIFFERENT ALL OVER.

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
It was interesting to see him in action, but the way he throws them together, I'd say he doesn't have any love of these torts!!(And the original link said he was close to being the next Crocodile Hunter, NO WAY, he is nowhere near close to Steve., he had a genuine love of those animals!)
NAy

Status
Not open for further replies.