5 Eastern Box Turtles
4 Sulcatas

reneereichert

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Sacramento Area
rachael said:
Shelly said:
Not sure I understand what you're asking....

I wasnt really asking anything. Just having a little fun with a meet and greet type friend. Plus its nice to know whos local and what theyve got going on.. especially for newer members. I remember when I joined the forum at first I searched "California" a bunch of times to see the types of enclosures and plants people had and what would be feasible for my area.

Love the idea, I always wonder who is closeby

B

byerssusan

I think that's a great idea but what about us Arizonians?? *S* LOL

Tccarolina

10 Year Member!
CA
I'm Steve and I live in Modesto in the center of the Central Valley. I keep Eastern Box Turtles outdoors year round and am 3 years in to keeping middle eastern greeks outdoors year round as well. So far so good.

Steve

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
La Verne CA

DSaenz

10 Year Member!
La Mirada, CA
Fernando said:
I don't know if I'm doing this right but I'll just follow along.

Hello neighbors...

I'm Fernando
I live in Whittier
I currently only have one Sulcata tortoise, however I am tortoise sitting a Leopard Hybrid at the moment.
During the winter season I have my tortoise in a 60 gallon aquarium with an MVB bulb running 12 hours a day
A Ceramic Heat Element (50 watt) 24 hours a day. Access to water (water dish) 24 hrs a day
The weather is getting warmer so they will be placed in their outdoor enclosure pretty soon and brought in at night.
I will be planting grazing seed mix in a few days

Where do you buy your Mazuri?

MORTYtheTORTY

5 Year Member
Cali
San Joaquin county...newbie to sulcata hatchlings. Had to refund a sick one and getting 2 from AZ sulcata aka Austin on wednesday <--soo impatient can't wait! Anyways, I made a thread like this and noone posted just yet hahahaha so I found this one. Everyone living around my area, I have a question...How do you keep your torts outside year round? I know mine won't be outside until maybe 5yrs, give or take, but when time comes I was thinking about building a shed with heating in it. My question is, what about the rainy season? I know we haven't really had one this year but when we have the rain for weeks on end or maybe even months, do you bring your torts inside or just keep them locked up and bring food to them daily? Just curious for many who say they leave em out year round. =D Thanks for any answers and could use all the help I can get when time comes. LOVE THIS TFO <--great idea!

nicoleandrocky

5 Year Member
California
I'm Nicole,
I live in downtown LA,
Right now i only have one russian tortoise but hope to have 2 by next year :)

kanalomele

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
East Bay area
I'm in Elk Grove. A suburb of Sacramento. One Russian, two Greeks outside year round.

franeich

5 Year Member
Names Francis,
I live in La crescenta,
I have a 3 year old sulcata named Bowser who lives outside all the time.

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
ascott said:
Hi...I am a new member :) I live in the high desert, Apple Valley. I have had a hard time keeping my Desert Tortoises out during the winter months recently due to the large volume of rain paired with the teen temps here last year and the start of this year...I have about determined I am calling "uncle" on leaving my guys out for the winter months. We live relatively close to the north side of the San Bernardino Mountains.....I can't handle the stress of flood or freeze posibilities anymore :) However....they sure did enjoy the sunny day today and will be out from here on out...unless we have another freakish freeze spell. I am here if anyone needs me..

Toodles.
Oh yeah;
1 beautiful Son
4 adult male Desert Tortoise
2 Red Ear Sliders
2 Crazy Dogs

Seriously:D well exactly how new are u

Im Ed and Im newer than ASCOTT :D
Im in Fullerton and have a few Redfoots
My adults are outside all year but kept nice and warm when its cold.
I have also got a few eggs that these torts lay

Status
Not open for further replies.