Not open for further replies.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
bigred said:
ascott said:
Hi...I am a new member :) I live in the high desert, Apple Valley. I have had a hard time keeping my Desert Tortoises out during the winter months recently due to the large volume of rain paired with the teen temps here last year and the start of this year...I have about determined I am calling "uncle" on leaving my guys out for the winter months. We live relatively close to the north side of the San Bernardino Mountains.....I can't handle the stress of flood or freeze posibilities anymore :) However....they sure did enjoy the sunny day today and will be out from here on out...unless we have another freakish freeze spell. I am here if anyone needs me..

Toodles.
Oh yeah;
1 beautiful Son
4 adult male Desert Tortoise
2 Red Ear Sliders
2 Crazy Dogs

Seriously:D well exactly how new are u

Im Ed and Im newer than ASCOTT :D
Im in Fullerton and have a few Redfoots
My adults are outside all year but kept nice and warm when its cold.
I have also got a few eggs that these torts lay

Well she was new in April 2011, when she wrote it.

sheenaschlytter

10 Year Member!
Im Sheena Tracy ca
one sulcata He is 7 years old outdoor all year except he goes in garage at night in winter to his dog cage that is heated.

cristal redfoot

5 Year Member
My name is cristal
I live in huntington beach soCal about minutes from the beach
1 beautiful and amazing RT

SFMenagerie

5 Year Member
Hi Everyone,
I am new to the forum and to tortoises. I am still researching as much as I can and plan to purchase a Cherry Head Redfoot in the near future. I am in Marin County (just north of San Francisco). I would love info from others on how to provide proper temperature ranges and humidity in the yard or outdoor enclosure for when the little guy is big and sturdy enough to stay outdoors. If anyone has experience with this species, particularly in this climate, I would *love* to hear from you.
Thanks so much!
Lauren
4 dogs
4 cats
3 Crested Geckos
1 Human Child

bogart20

5 Year Member
Hi my name is Preston and I live in eureka California. I have an indian star tortoise and he gets out on sunny days and is brought in during nights

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Beaumont, CA.
My name is Kathy.
I live in Walnut California monday through Thursday and Running Springs in the San Bernardino mountains on the weekends.
We have developed a system that allows any tortoise or turtle to be easily transported, if it is in their best interest and all have enclosures in both locations.
When I see the Redlands sign, I know that we are by Josh, the forum administrator.
It is a small world.

Status
Not open for further replies.