Calcium Carbonate - 2.5 pounds - $19.95 shipped

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
Hi Guys, in my quest for pure high quality food stuffs I found a bulk source for Calcium Carbonate powder that is pure enough to be an ingredient in products that conform to USDA organic standards for human food consumption.

Calcium carbonate is the best absorbed form of calcium in tortoises.

The fine grind for food stuffs for humans is 44 microns. So each bit of the powder is less than 0.0019685 inches across. That is super fine. This is from limestone sources and NOT oyster shell, so no heavy metal contamination concerns. Limestone sources are more like what a tortoise will find and consume in the wild, no 'fishy' taste, and the powder is not "dusty".

I've used it for several months now and I believe the tortoises find it more palatable. I have left small piles at the edge of food tiles (the tiles I place food on) and from neonate Egyptians (<20 grams) to adult Manouria (>60 pounds), they will take a bite.

I've tasted cuttlefish bone, oyster shell based calcium Carbonate powder, and this from limestone based calcium carbonate powder, all myself. The limestone sourced taste like almost nothing, while the others have some unpleasant flavor to them. I think the tortoises pick up on this too.

Buy the 2.5 pounds before 14 January 2019, and I'll throw in a sample of any Kapidolo Farms diet items for free. Your choice. www.kapidoloFarms.com does not currently have a buy button for this item.

$19.95 to [email protected] via PayPal. Make sure your ship-to address is current and ad in the notes what free sample you would like to try. Any of these...

Rose Hips 'fruit'
Hibiscus
'flowers'
Cactus
'chips'
Alfalfa 'pellets'
Alfalfa 'loose leaf'
Mulberry 'loose leaf'
Moringa 'loose leaf'
Plantain 'loose leaf'
Red Clover 'loose leaf'
Dandelion 'loose leaf'
Oat Straw (milky oats) 'loose leaf'
Raspberry 'loose leaf'

All are re-packaged USDA certified organic sourced, less the Cactus Chips.

In case you are wondering, this is the best price for any Calcium Carbonate powder available, much less the quality needed for Certified organic food manufacture. It never goes bad, so no worries if it seems like to much.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kingman, Arizona
The way I applied this flour was in a pile just dumped in. Dew, light rain would just compress it and make it that much easier to eat.

Status
Not open for further replies.