CA Wood turtle, Park City, Utah, NEEDS HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
RE: What is this?

Aw, poor thing. She needs a water bowl desperately! I'm inclined to say box turtle, however I'm torn between the South American wood turtle and a regular box turtle.

OMG! I just took a better look and what if its a WATER turtle? I can't get the small picture of the turtle to open, it only opens the picture of the light no matter which I click on.

I was finally able to open 4 of 4 and I'm thinking its a water turtle.

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California

Awwww the poor thing can't even open it's eyes, how terrible, that person does not need that turtle/tort or a rabbit! It makes me sick to look at, how can they even think it looks healthy......ahhhhhhhh!!!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA

I am pretty sure it is a wood turtle, but I can't ID which one, I don't see the red markings on the face for NA wood so I would lean towards the SA wood. and it desperately needs a good soak, looks like it has terminal dry skin. 30 is a good price though I would snatch it up if I was in the area.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan

I would be willing to donate money to someone to go get this animal. I am not kidding. You just have to promise that once the money has changed hands and you have possession of the turtle, to tell them just how horrifying and abusive this situation is.

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA

Looks like a CA wood turtle, Rhinoclemmys pulcherrima incisa, to me. Yes it definately needs to be much wetter. :(

Danny

J. Ellis

5 Year Member
Texas

Sickening. The first thing I thought of when I saw that is that it was not a tortoise! Someone needs to go get it.. now.

Kenny

5 Year Member
Tempe, Az

That is Flat out animal abuse.
sickening :(

Marty333

10 Year Member!
Winter Springs, Florida A quaint little town near

I sent them a friendly message here it is.

Hi you desperately need to soak that turtle. You can tell clearly from the pictures that it is dehydrated from its flaky shell. It is a CA wood turtle Rhinoclemmys pulcherrima incisa. It needs to have a huge water area (you can go buy a cat litter pan and fill it with water). A lot of people would be more interested in buying it if it was in better shape. Here is a website with a lot of info on turtles and tortoises http://tortoiseforum.org/index.php. I repeat it is not a tortoise it is a turtle. Hopefully you will take my advice into consideration and find it a new loving home. Have a nice day.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

Very nice, Marta. Let's hope they listen to you.

PeanutbuttER

5 Year Member
Utah

Thanks Marta, that is a very well-crafted message. Good Job. I hope they take it to heart.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL

Ugh, that is so sad. It looks like she threw it in a glass tank and it's been sitting in a dusty garage for a while :(
Marta, did she ever respond to your email? That poor thing needs WATER.

PeanutbuttER

5 Year Member
Utah

I think her second pictures are much better than the first. He looked much drier and puffy eyed in the original pictures.

However, there's no mention of needing more water...so I'm worried that she just ignored Marta. :(

By the way, are wood turtles aquatic?

Also, for those that don't know, park city is pretty close to Salt Lake. Not too far.

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
Ugh! I actually laughed when I read earlier that her ad was gone, thinking she had read Marta's message. Scary, I don't think she gets it!!! Where are the turtle police when you need them! GRRR! I sent her a message begging her to soak her for a little while in warm water.

Status
Not open for further replies.