Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
I understand all the games we married people have to play, but I still don't like it. Spending hundreds of dollars for a bag to carry around your stuff just makes no sense to me. Never will. Just seems wasteful. Especially when you consider that it will be "out of style" in a few months or that after the first sign of any actual use or wear and tear, thing thing becomes worthless. In contrast, spending hundreds on a rare and endangered tortoise that will live for many decades, and that you intend to breed and make more of... Well now that is an admirable, sensible goal and a worthwhile pursuit... in my opinion.

CT Grim

5 Year Member
Tucson, AZ
Tom said:
I understand all the games we married people have to play, but I still don't like it. Spending hundreds of dollars for a bag to carry around your stuff just makes no sense to me. Never will. Just seems wasteful. Especially when you consider that it will be "out of style" in a few months or that after the first sign of any actual use or wear and tear, thing thing becomes worthless. In contrast, spending hundreds on a rare and endangered tortoise that will live for many decades, and that you intend to breed and make more of... Well now that is an admirable, sensible goal and a worthwhile pursuit... in my opinion.

Lol....your wife must not cruise this forum! ;)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Oh, come on, Tom...you can't tell me that there isn't some article of name brand clothing that you lust after.

LindaF

5 Year Member
I would rather have another tortoise instead of a coach purse LOL

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
emysemys said:
Oh, come on, Tom...you can't tell me that there isn't some article of name brand clothing that you lust after.

What?

Men don't lust after clothes... silly rabbit...

Mgridgaway

5 Year Member
Maryland
Tom said:
What?

Men don't lust after clothes... silly rabbit...

I agree completely. I like clothes, but I like them best when they're cheap and make me look good. I couldn't care less that I'm wearing Target's house brand or Old Navy clearance rack deals as long as I'm looking nice in them :p

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
I like Coach bags and tortoises and thought this was going to be a thread about carrying your tort in your Coach bag.

I have to laugh at Tom's post because he sounds just like my hubby:)

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
My taste in clothes, I shop at kohls and only when they send me those (in the mail) 10 dollar gift cards, My shirts usually cost around 3 dollars and my pants around four, of course I got 2 pairs of pants on their clearance rack for .40 cents each.

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
Yep, cheap clothes and good shoes.
As far as torts, gotta stick with Russians, gotta stick with Russians....gotta.....
for now.

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Tom said:

I agree very much, next time we should put the purse money towards the tortoise. I also just have to say for the record " THOSE PURSES YOU GALS CARRY ARE TO BIG" Ive sked my wife what in the world do you keep in that big thing. My wife is 4ft 11inches tall and I swear that purse is 2 feet long

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
bigred said:
Tom said:

I agree very much, next time we should put the purse money towards the tortoise. I also just have to say for the record " THOSE PURSES YOU GALS CARRY ARE TO BIG" Ive sked my wife what in the world do you keep in that big thing. My wife is 4ft 11inches tall and I swear that purse is 2 feet long

I carry purses big enough to shove bottles, tissues, hand sanitizer, a wallet and even kids jackets in. It's a tough job but someones gotta do it :)

Lulu

5 Year Member
San Diego, CA
Eh, my driver's license and credit cards are all bent up from being carried in my rear pocket. I have a collection of tote bags for when I go to my classes and need to carry books or take my kid to the zoo. I've never really carried a purse and I don't get expensive or big bags at all. I'm a clothes and shoes person, but only for work, and I'm not working right now. However, my collection of ironic t-shirts is getting pretty impressive.

My Christmas list is driving my hubby nuts: Good binoculars for the birding aspect of the volunteer job, a good camera for the cool stuff I see during the volunteer job, two books on local plants, and a book on Native American medicinal uses for native plants. Oh, and I'd like another dog/run kennel to set up another russian enclosure. I'm just a girly-girl like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.