"BUILD & GARDEN CHAT"

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
wellington said:
That's a beautiful ride there Jeff. Don't hate me, but I'm a yamaha fan myself, from way back:D.

Oh yea ... the Ol' RD two strokes .... vroooommmmmmmmmm:p

nate.mann

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Glendale, Arizona, USA
N2TORTS said:
nate.mann said:
N2TORTS said:
any one build bikes or cars?.........The title never does state what kind of build ... and can I get pissed at myself for highjacking my own thread?;)
Do I have to cite my ownself? ..... Darn this is so confusing ?

i think some members here would come together and have you put in a ward if you start fighting with yourself. haha. but we would let you have a computer to keep posting. and i dont build bikes or cars, but i do build/repair/upgrade paintball guns..if that counts for anything.

0.1.0 Sonoran Desert Tortoise
0.0.1 Leopard Tortoise
1.0.0 Bluenose Pitbull/American Bulldog

and because this is also a garden thread..earlier i picked up a venus fly trap from good ol' wally world (walmart).

0.0.1 Leopard Tortoise

Oh Nate .. I'm sure there is a few who would like to see me somewhere else...<heh> ......can't please um all! ...:rolleyes:
I have never gone paint-ballin' - always wanted to ...looks fun with a group of people and a "capture the flag" type game .
Although I have done some " paint hauling" .......here is a PPG 3 stage lacquer with ghost flames beneath the overlays. A 2 year bike build and this one could have been a Trailer Queen...
but that's no fun!

JD~:D

come to AZ and i'll take you..go to the best field. haha. its fun stuff. that bike is gnarly.

0.0.1 Leopard Tortoise

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Why thank ya Barb ...and Nate ....:D
Xtra clean ...62' 17-Window De~lux

58' Standard

63' Rag-Top

Ahhhhh...these were the good ol' days ....I wish I kept these along with a few others , as they would buy a lot of tortoises these days! ;)

nate.mann

5 Year Member
Glendale, Arizona, USA
N2TORTS said:
Why thank ya Barb ...and Nate ....:D
Xtra clean ...62' 17-Window De~lux

58' Standard

63' Rag-Top

Ahhhhh...these were the good ol' days ....I wish I kept these along with a few others , as they would buy a lot of tortoises these days! ;)

haha, i agree on the extra clean. and they would buy more than just some cool tortoises.

0.0.1 Leopard Tortoise

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
57' Single Cab .....

Now time for paint and Safari Windows......

This was the Yellow 62' Micro bus engine ...

nate.mann

5 Year Member
Glendale, Arizona, USA
damn dude. i like that van. a lot. haha

0.0.1 Leopard Tortoise

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
it was one of my favo's too .... had cool plates on it .. UCMY62
Sold it to the Japanese who used to buy up all dub’s in the early 80’s....much like all of these cars .

nate.mann

5 Year Member
Glendale, Arizona, USA
N2TORTS said:
Sold it to the Japanese who used to buy up all dub’s in the early 80’s....much like all of these cars .

haha i like it. my stepdad has a 66 Ford F-100, wanted to restore it but money is just way too tight for that.

0.0.1 Leopard Tortoise

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
nate.mann said:
N2TORTS said:

haha i like it. my stepdad has a 66 Ford F-100, wanted to restore it but money is just way too tight for that.

0.0.1 Leopard Tortoise

you wont belive this ..... me too! ... I will post pics in a bit gotta hit the store.........

nate.mann

5 Year Member
Glendale, Arizona, USA
N2TORTS said:
nate.mann said:
N2TORTS said:

0.0.1 Leopard Tortoise

you wont belive this ..... me too! ... I will post pics in a bit gotta hit the store.........

thats awesome. i'll post pictures as well

0.0.1 Leopard Tortoise

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
N2TORTS said:
Heck Nate ... I probably know him ....Or your my son ! >heh<
I'm 3rd generation Diegan ... even lived in the gaslamp ...in a sweet loft ...I will have to take some pics of the pics I have ...Heck it was 2o years back ... ever herd of the Side Bar ... on 5th and Market?

Ed ..... I thought you did the Ford thing ?

I did the Ford thing off and on but I really dont like dealing with people
(customers) at all. I am very anti social and not the customer service type. Its a family owned business kind of thing and I just simply had to get out of there. To much family at work for me and alot of tension. My current job I respond to service calls with a guy that I work with and we are on the move all day and usually off by 1pm and we start early. I like doing HVAC and refrigeration, its what I know the most about and making double from when I was at the Ford dealer. Gotta make good money to buy high dollar torts:D U KNOW

nate.mann

5 Year Member
Glendale, Arizona, USA
bigred said:
N2TORTS said:
I'm 3rd generation Diegan ... even lived in the gaslamp ...in a sweet loft ...I will have to take some pics of the pics I have ...Heck it was 2o years back ... ever herd of the Side Bar ... on 5th and Market?

(customers) at all. I am very anti social and not the customer service type. Its a family owned business kind of thing and I just simply had to get out of there. To much family at work for me and alot of tension. My current job I respond to service calls with a guy that I work with and we are on the move all day and usually off by 1pm and we start early. I like doing HVAC and refrigeration, its what I know the most about and making double from when I was at the Ford dealer. Gotta make good money to buy high dollar torts:D U KNOW

i get the family thing, and not wanting to deal with people. haha

0.0.1 Leopard Tortoise

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
nate.mann said:
bigred said:
N2TORTS said:

0.0.1 Leopard Tortoise

NATESTER Are you anti social to. :D J D I had a safari 65 VW camper van about 10 years ago and wish I still had it. It would be worth about 15 to 20K now. I have been getting the itch to get a VW again maybe a bug but the VW van has always been my favorite. We are a bit limited on space, we moved next door to my mom to help her out in her golden years. If you come across any complete stock bugs at a good price let me know

nate.mann

5 Year Member
Glendale, Arizona, USA
bigred said:
nate.mann said:
bigred said:
N2TORTS said:

0.0.1 Leopard Tortoise

NATESTER Are you anti social to. :D J D I had a safari 65 VW camper van about 10 years ago and wish I still had it. It would be worth about 15 to 20K now. I have been getting the itch to get a VW again maybe a bug but the VW van has always been my favorite. We are a bit limited on space, we moved next door to my mom to help her out in her golden years. If you come across any complete stock bugs at a good price let me know

depends on how you look at it..i LOVE to go out and party (whether or not im drinking), but i dont care to go to the mall with my girlfriend because chances are i will end up in a fight and arrested if i dont outrun the cops. my mood for the day also plays a role in this. based on that, you can decide as to whether or not youre going to consider me anti-social. haha.

0.0.1 Leopard Tortoise

nate.mann

5 Year Member
Glendale, Arizona, USA
bigred said:
nate.mann said:
bigred said:
N2TORTS said:

0.0.1 Leopard Tortoise

depends on how you look at it..i LOVE to go out and party (whether or not im drinking), but i dont care to go to the mall with my girlfriend because chances are i will end up in a fight and arrested if i dont outrun the cops. my mood for the day also plays a role in this. based on that, you can decide as to whether or not youre going to consider me anti-social. haha.

0.0.1 Leopard Tortoise

ImageUploadedByTortForum1381535486.913899.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1381535510.997366.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1381535529.392608.jpgTippmann X7..acquired three different non-working paintball guns and put good parts on the most complete one of the three. originally a $300+ gun, built for less than $30. since then ive put many upgrades into it, worth over $650 now. not including gear.

0.0.1 Leopard Tortoise

heres that F-100ImageUploadedByTortForum1381537932.732852.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1381537961.170967.jpg

0.0.1 Leopard Tortoise

Last edited by a moderator:

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Nate nice looking PBG.....looks like the real deal ! ....and the Ford too funny.. mine was white too!Notice the 67' front grill? It was my first car at 16 years old. My Gran-pa passed and I got his truck . Sold the camper shell , and lifted the beast 10" . My pops taught me how to weld around this age , so I built my own triple shock system. Had this truck all thru high school ... and was very well known in town ...even by SDPD.:p This pic is from 33 years ago ..with my little brother in law chattering away .....:D

Some more Vw's .........

and this was a rare one ... not your typical 914 ....this was a 914 -6
( had the 911 motor in it ... was like driving a "haul butt slot car")

Mr. Ed .....so no Mo' sales . I can feel ya .....I never knew you were into HVAC. Good for you ! :) And yes ....I still have a bug as my Sunday driver .... and see stuff/connections all the time .....let me know what you have in mind and your budget. And your 65' would be worth more than that buddy .....:D

nate.mann

5 Year Member
Glendale, Arizona, USA
N2TORTS said:
Nate nice looking PBG.....looks like the real deal ! ....and the Ford too funny.. mine was white too!Notice the 67' front grill? It was my first car at 16 years old. My Gran-pa passed and I got his truck . Sold the camper shell , and lifted the beast 10" . My pops taught me how to weld around this age , so I built my own triple shock system. Had this truck all thru high school ... and was very well known in town ...even by SDPD.:p This pic is from 33 years ago ..with my little brother in law chattering away .....:D

Some more Vw's .........

and this was a rare one ... not your typical 914 ....this was a 914 -6
( had the 911 motor in it ... was like driving a "haul butt slot car")

Mr. Ed .....so no Mo' sales . I can feel ya .....I never knew you were into HVAC. Good for you ! :) And yes ....I still have a bug as my Sunday driver .... and see stuff/connections all the time .....let me know what you have in mind and your budget. And your 65' would be worth more than that buddy .....:D

thank you sir. haha, if the cops recognize you then that could either be really good or bad..but im assuming in your case it wasnt for the best of reasons. damn dude, puttin in work on the baby.

0.0.1 Leopard Tortoise