Breeding

Status
Not open for further replies.

theguy67

10 Year Member!
I have not been on here in a long time,..infact i forgot that i was registered until i tried to registere and found that someone took my user name,...me, hehe.

I am going to try and breed my redfoots this spring, after their green house is complete ( they use it right now just not finshed). I've been reading and was wondering if 2 males is necissary to get them to breed with the females? Can it be done just as easily with just 1 male?

matt41gb

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Arlington TX.
I'm one to believe that a female having two males around will make her more willing to breed. Of course it ups her chances of having a fertile male to breed her as well. Not all males are fertile, and vice versa. Even though you may not see any male combat between red-foots, I still believe that the two males just in the presence of a female makes her more receptive. If you're planning on breeding make sure you either have a good ratio of females to males, for example 2 females to one male, or 3 females to 2 males and so on. Or, if you plan on keeping just one male and female, keep them so that they can get away from each other so they won't stress each other out.

-Matt

theguy67

10 Year Member!
I will most likely have a 1.2 ratio unless I already have a pair, but i am sure that they are both female and the green house they are in is 14'x14'.

Status
Not open for further replies.