brand new babies!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

african cake queen

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
ct.usa
they are so sweet! first two pics. they looked like cookies. i never knew how cute they were. thanks.

FADE2BLACK_1973

5 Year Member
Kentucky
Dont know how many box turtle's that I catch and release each year. We had a hatchling that crawled up onto our carport this part year and ended up keeping him. He was growing fast, ate well, and looked good. He even fetched litlle sticks like dog and even tryed to fight you over them when you tryed to take it away from him like a little dog..lol. But oneday he came up missing and we could not figure out what happened to him. He was kept outside and we think he got snatched up by a dog that kept coming around. My kids cried and cried over him. I just told them that he got loose and ran to the wood behide our house. Who knows the dog might had just dropped him and left but I seriously think that was not the case :(. Btw, cute little box turtles :)

GotTurtles

10 Year Member!
Fresno, Ca
Congrats. I had the pleasure of finding 9 gulf coast babies in the pen this year. They sure are funny little guys. Have fun with yours.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
The dirty picture is my favorite, I would save that for next years calendar contest. Very cool!

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
CtTortoiseMom said:
The dirty picture is my favorite, I would save that for next years calendar contest. Very cool!
I like that one as well but I feel so sorry for them also having to dig thru the dirt and all in the eyes! Hehe, I am a big softy!

Saloli

5 Year Member
middle river
They're cute. What is the local if you know? Do you know what haplotype group they are the Gulf coasts have four (known)? also do you plan on selling any of the babies? I'm looking to start a colony in the future.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi William:

No, I'm sorry, but I don't know the answers to your questions. The parent turtles are rescues that I decided to keep. I will be adopting out the babies when the time comes (but no shipping, sorry).

Saloli

5 Year Member
middle river
oh okay. I was just curious. The GCBT's are interesting in that they may be the same as Putnam's Box Turtle or the giant box turtle which would make them the oldest of the Carolina group after the aquatic box turtle. Thanks though I though I would ask.

ripper7777777

10 Year Member!
Houston
How very cool, what a great day. I plan to get some GC Box turtles, we have a rescue here always looking for good homes, I figure once they educate me I can make some room and help them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.