Box turtle

Avery Kays

Location (City and/or State)
PA
My box turtle is from the wild. I want to take him back to his one in the woods. But I don't have enough money to buy another one at a breeder. If anyone has a box turtle that they don't want or if they know some one who has a box turtle they don't want please send them to me. I really need help.

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
How long have you had the box turtle you have?

Avery Kays

PA
If no one has any unwanted boxies, I would love to know some good organizations that let you adopt a boxie for free.

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
I got some background information from your other thread. Yes, it would be best to let your turtle go. But it needs to be exactly where you found him. Are you able to let him go where you found him?

As for wanting another. What is your situation? Do you live alone or with others? Do you live in a house or apartment?

Avery Kays

PA
To answer your other questions, I am able to set him back where I found him.

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
I meant is your family supportive in your depression?

Saleama

5 Year Member
Irving Texas
Yes my family loves my turtle. But just a few minutes ago, i set my boxie free. I'm very sad but happy for my turtle.
Good news Avery! So you know, they are very teratorial so you could go back to that area and spot him and watch him in the wild!

Running Elk

5 Year Member
I would say if you don't have money, getting a pet might not be the best idea and strongly suggest against it. However, if your family you live with is willing to support your pet -- buy food, supplies, let you build an appropriate enclosure, etc...then that's a bit different -- or can be different. Where do you live in PA? I've had people offer me free rescues before, or, I used to work in a nature center and people have tried to surrender them there before, and I still have connections there.

Avery Kays

PA
I live close to Harrisburg. To be more specific I live in Dillsburg.

wiccan_chicken

5 Year Member
Georgia
I agree with Elk, owning these guys is in no way cheap and if your family is supportive and wants to help pay for food housing lights etc then sure by all means get a turtle! If they won't help you get a turtle then I'd say wait till you have a job and then get you a friend! Great thing is, there will always be more turtles available to you so if you don't own one now, you can always get one later. I had to wait about 7 years to finally get my russian Vodka. It was worth the wait she's a splendid girl and a joy to have in my life.

Avery Kays

PA
I agree with Elk, owning these guys is in no way cheap and if your family is supportive and wants to help pay for food housing lights etc then sure by all means get a turtle! If they won't help you get a turtle then I'd say wait till you have a job and then get you a friend! Great thing is, there will always be more turtles available to you so if you don't own one now, you can always get one later. I had to wait about 7 years to finally get my russian Vodka. It was worth the wait she's a splendid girl and a joy to have in my life.
Thank you so much for your support. I will probably wait for a few years before getting one as well. :)