Box Identity?

The-Great-Stash

5 Year Member
I feel confident that my female box is an ornate, but I would like other opinions on the identity of her species or subspecies. Please help me out? Thanks.
20170316_143008.jpg 20170316_143037.jpg

The-Great-Stash

5 Year Member
Terrapene ornata ornata

I believe she's an ornate not luteola
At first glance, I could hardly make it out since her previous owner gave her to me dirty and ceusted with dirt. But upon scrubbing her the day I got her, her true pattern was revieled. Still, I needed to confirm my suspicion with others here who are much more experienced at identification than I, so I greatly appreciate it.
Terrapene ornata ornata

Terrapene ornata ornata

PJay

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Virginia
Nice Ornate! She could use access to a piece of slate or tile, something rough to wear down the beak while feeding and the nails while strolling.

The-Great-Stash

5 Year Member
Nice Ornate! She could use access to a piece of slate or tile, something rough to wear down the beak while feeding and the nails while strolling.
I was considering that strongly. Its evident that while her last owner may have meant well, he didnt quite do his research on upkeep. Shes been in nothing but soft, damp eco earth and a pickle jar top for food. Im so glad that I got her when I did. Now, grant it that this will be a gradual process, she will get proper attention and exercise she she never fot living in a 30 gallon. I have an outdoor pen for her to forage for inverts, climb over logs and rocks, absorb natural light, etc. At night, I have a zoo med tortoise house for her indoors.

westheturtlelover

definately isnt a three-toed, which three toeds and ornates are commonly misidentified as eachother. This does look like an ornate, also looks very healthy.