Boosh's home

booshsmummy

Location (City and/or State)
UK
I have been meaning to upload a picture of Boosh's home (but then my laptop broke!)

I am a relatively new tortoise mummy so I still have a lot to learn. Any ideas are gladly appreciated, I'd do anything for this little guy!

I have a feeling it's slightly on the smaller side? I bought the table quickly because us giving him a home was a bit of a shock. I didn't realise the size they need. We have a lot of wood and on a sunny plan to get out in to the garden and start extending it and starting an outdoor enclosure for when the weather gets better. It's going to be a bit of a work in progress. We plan to make it as big as possible.

He seems quite happy and is doing well. The pic is missing a slate tile which had poo on it so was being washed :D I am also learning about humidity so I am on to that. Any ideas though would be welcome!

Oh and the radiator in the bottom right is currently off so it doesn't get too hot (I check the temperatures).

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
That looks really nice. I like what you've done to the opening of the hiding place. You may need to hang another heat source (CHE - ceramic heat emitter) closer to the hiding place. It will help to keep the heat uniform across the whole habitat.

Last edited:

Tyanna

Wisconsin
I did that with the hide on my table too! They love it, (I think). How is humidity?

booshsmummy

UK
I have just started learning about the heat emitters. I have been having a look but I'm baffled! Can anyone point me in the right direction? I also ordered a Repti Fogger (think that's what it was called?) and I'm just waiting for that to come. I thought just having damp soil around his light would be enough but I've been reading that it isn't. I am confused about it all though so if anyone could give me any humidity advice I'd really appreciate it! Sorry if my questions sound dumb haha but what keeps the humidity in? Do I need some kind of cover? What's the best way to monitor the humidity and what kind of level does it need to be at? I'm pretty sure I had another question but can't remember. Just anything anyone wants to tell me about humidity, I am all ears :D Thank you!