Pete's Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

vettegirl

5 Year Member
This is the home I made for Pete. I didn't plan on bringing home a new little friend so I had to make something real fast. I did a lot of searching on the internet and found just the right home. I don't know where I found it anymore but I would like to thank the person that posted the picture so I could copy it. I made it to fit under the 125 gal. aquarium that my RES lives in so its not the biggest but its all the room I have till summer.

Linda K.

DSC_0035.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
That's beautiful, Linda. Your tortoise will be very happy in there. A note from your previous, introduction post: the tortoise's eyes were watering because he was too dry. That's what that means. So be sure to keep his substrate nice and moist in his beautiful new digs.

vettegirl

5 Year Member
Thanks....It does look good from a distance but if you look close you can tell I didn't know what I was doing...LOL I do spray her (just found out he is a she) 3 or 4 times a day and to the right where I have the plants planted, I do water that part every couple of days so thats always moist. I noticed she looks like she was Pyramiding when I got her and I don't want to let it get any worse

Linda k.

emysemys said:
That's beautiful, Linda. Your tortoise will be very happy in there. A note from your previous, introduction post: the tortoise's eyes were watering because he was too dry. That's what that means. So be sure to keep his substrate nice and moist in his beautiful new digs.

vettegirl

5 Year Member
Yep, that's the one although mine doesn't look anywhere close to that good.......:D

PeanutbuttER said:
Did you get the original idea from this?
http://tortoiseyard.com/tortoise_table.htm
That's the table that I used for the blueprints when I made mine (modified, but it was Vicki's).

Your table is very nice. I think your tortoise will be very happy in there. Good job.

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
Looks awesome! You might want to experiment a bit with water dishes because that one looks tricky for the tort to get into (its a big step, and the material is pretty flexible). Sinking it into the substrate more might help. I like to test water dishes out with the tort by placing the tort in there and seeing how easy they get out, which can help indicate getting in as well. Do you have something like a slate tile for the tort to eat off of? Just a reminder the tort shouldn't eat from the substrate because they could ingest it that way. Good luck!

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
I really like your enclosure :) It is very nice, I am sure your little Pete will be very happy in it!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I think it looks great! Your much too hard on yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.