Bob's flood con't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Maggie Cummings

Check this out...most of you will remember when Bob pulled the sprinkler into his shed and flooded it. So I turned it in to my home-owners insurance to replace the insulation and wood. They paid $1500 to me. They paid it within 24 to me and I was so pleased that they took care of me that fast. A few weeks ago I get this letter from them...

QUOTE: There has been a substantial change or increase in hazard in the risk assumed by this company to the date the policy was issued. There is the following unacceptable or dangerous animal...One African Tortoise!!! END QUOTE

Do you believe that!??? They cancelled my home owners insurance...I guess it's alright for them to receive the insurance money from me forever, but I guess I'm not supposed to use it ever...

Bob is highly insulted that they referred to him as an unacceptable or dangerous animal...the jerks. So Bob and I decided that they are unacceptable to us and we went with another company.

Kenazfehu

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Puget Sound
Oh my goodness! I'd better keep quiet about the dangerous animal on our premises.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
That is terrible but A typical Maggie.....well, perhaps you should send them a picture of your attack tortoise and be sure to show him frothing from the mouth with his long fangs showing, pacing the fence waiting for his next victim to come through the fence....lol....they do look for anything to cause a ruckus over....one of the reasons I no longer sale insurance, there just was not a company that handled claims fairly, so I did not feel comfortable assuring folks things would be covered and later the company would find a loop hole and deny payments.....not for me, people work too hard for what they have to be taken advantage of when they need help...

Masin

5 Year Member
North Florida
I knew it! A relater argued with us yesterday about the breed of our 15 year old dog, he's a basenji - while not overly common they are around (look em up on wiki, it's a really cool read) any how the dog is annoying as all heck, the 2nd least trainable dog in the world, feline like, sight hunter (likes to dart at frogs and lizards) and is most known for it's voice, which is insane to live with D: (it's a shrieking dog, a yodel not a bark and makes old person noises...you know the ones!) Any how, she kept referring to him as a pitbull style dog and asked 150 ways if he was aggressive and if we could prove his breed...this came as an insult seeing as how my partner is a vet and she's had this amazing (sarcasm) animal for 15 years now.
I finally said no he is not aggressive for the last time, our geriatric cat and tortoise are much more aggressive then this ancient dog you're honed in on!

But in all seriousness that's really unfortunate what happened with you guys. Poor Bob!

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California

One of the most interesting, challenging, energetic, resourceful breeds to work with....very very fast indeed. Absolutely gorgeous animal as well.....and I LOVE LOVE LOVE that wailing that they conjure up...

Masin

5 Year Member
North Florida
ascott said:

One of the most interesting, challenging, energetic, resourceful breeds to work with....very very fast indeed. Absolutely gorgeous animal as well.....and I LOVE LOVE LOVE that wailing that they conjure up...

You know my pain! Haha. It's very hard to come into his life after him being packed with my partner for 13.5 years and expect him to recognize me as any sort of authority. He is so set in his ways and hard to manage at times. A year and a half later he still assumes he belongs between us in the car, in bed, as we walk etc. It's hard to look beyond his giant ego and see the amazing breed but I do. They are too smart for their own good and so cliche feline it's mind boggling at times. Our daughter refuses to let him sleep in her bed after he mooed and grunted all night the first time they snuggled together. His voice goes from crazy lady screams to deep grunting, I don't get it, haha. Another behavior he's come up with is kicking. He kicks his bowls but mostly my things, the cats, tables, chairs etc when he doesn't get his way or wants attention, he'll then pick something up with his mouth and throw it behind him...he's a crazy old man.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Sorry to hear that Maggie. They always seem to find a way to get ya. 99% of the time, if they are giving you money, there is a catch. To bad you can't sic Bob on them:D

Happy Tortoise

5 Year Member
Poor Bob! An innocent tort that was blamed for a mistake he probably didn't do on purpose! That was not fair for poor Bob!

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
New York
Bob's work with the hose and his shed is one of my favorite threads on here!

Insurance companies really can be a piece of work...hopefully your new provider has a much more open mind and less greedy heart (probably not...they're still an insurer).

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Sorry about that, insurance companies are such a pain in the butt.

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Time for a Special Ops mission. Go to the insurance company office building at night. Put Bob in a black mask and wrap a hose around him...when the cleaning people open the door, Bob barrels past them (they wouldn't dare block his entry, no one would get in the way of the King)...next morning, the insurance company is making a claim!!! :cool:

Boo-yah.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Happy Tortoise said:
Poor Bob! An innocent tort that was blamed for a mistake he probably didn't do on purpose! That was not fair for poor Bob!

Oh no...there's no doubt in my mind. Bob did this on purpose!

blafiriravt

5 Year Member
Vermont
Bob! You viscous tortoise! Now poor Maggie doesn't have insurance :( I did chuckle a little though. It's kind of cute lol :D

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
What a load of BS. I bet you could challenge this, but really what's the point? The state of things saddens me sometimes...

Good thing you post Bob stories to cheer me up!

blafiriravt

5 Year Member
Vermont
I really do hope that in all seriousness, you do try to fight it. I have heard of insurance companies dropping people for stupid reasons, but really? A tortoise dragged a sprinkler in a shed. This said sprinkler flooded it out. It's like dropping you because it rained and your roof leaked! Scumbag rotten low lives.

Carol S

10 Year Member!
Alta Loma, CA
Was it Allstate Insurance? Many years ago we had a broken pipe in the house. (We had Allstate Insurance for many, many years). We used the people they recommended to find the leaking pipe and repair it. Unfortunately, the work done was substandard and several years later the same pipe starting leading again. We had to pay another deductible to have it fixed. Then after it was fixed again Allstate turned around and cancelled our insurance. We then went with Automobile Club Homeowners Insurance. When the agent came out to insure our house they asked why we had been cancelled. We explained what had happened and the agent said that we should not have had to pay another deducible as we used the company that Allstate had recommended and that we should not have been cancelled. Oh well, Allstate Insurance loss and Automobile Homeowners Insurance gain.

Keep the pictures of Bob and his antics coming. He is quite a character.
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.