best tort/turt forum on the net?

Status
Not open for further replies.

evin

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
manteca, Ca
this is the best forum i belong to, i know on one forum i belong to there are many people that are rude and think there is only one way to raise torts and turts when ive used so many successful ways, and they argue just for the sake of arguing. but there is not really any of that hear just thought i would let everyone know, if anyone wants to hear some stories i can tell you why this forum is top notch

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
That's nice to hear evin. We work at being a good forum for our members.

Tim/Robin

10 Year Member!
Members of any forum should be supportive and helpful. That is what will benefit the animal and the owner the most.

When someone new comes into the hobby, like ourselves, we may ask "silly" or "dumb" questions. That is what makes us beginners. But at least we're asking the questions in the first place. People of all skill levels have questions.

The people you talk about who are rude and believe only 1 way is the right way, are probably the same people we've all met at some point in our careers. These are the people who you trained with on a new job who got pleasure out of making you feel inadequate or incompetent. :(

Those who have experience, and are not threatened by others, are willing to help. Help and experience are what moves us from beginners to novices and for some, experts. Thank goodness we have a non-threatening place, Tortoiseforum, to come to! :D

evin

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
manteca, Ca
i had a two day battle with someone(wouldve been longer if i didnt leave and not go back and feel dumb that i argued that long) about someone having an internal filter on thier turt tank, and this guy was so rude saying he made a dumb choice and canisters are the only filters you could use with turtles when all my tanks even my 200 gallon are equipted with internal filters long story short i had to show him pictures and test my water for nitrates and he still didnt give up

Jeremy

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
evin; Some people just can't take other peoples advice even if you are just trying to help. But I don't find that to be a problem on this forum.

Jeremy

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Me too, I think this forum is the best, everyone is so nice and helpful here, and they have so much knowledge.

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
This forum is the only one I belong to and has always been a huge source of advice and support. I feel as though everyone here has become my extended family!

Status
Not open for further replies.