Best Indoor Enclosure?

Dylanruenz

Location (City and/or State)
Phoenix, Arizona
I have seen tons of ideas and opinions on many indoor enclosures, but which indoor enclosure is the best for tortoises that are young? I would like to know the best enclosure for a tortoise's health (I may have hatchlings this year). Also, what are the best ways of keeping humidity in the enclosure?

Thanks guys!:p

Jodie

5 Year Member
Spokane Valley WA
Cclosed chamber is definately a must. The type depends on the environment the enclosure is in. I just use plastic to cover a table type enclosure. Mine is in a seperate room that is kept 80F and 40 to 50 percent humidity. In a normal room I think a more sealed enclosure would be necessary.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
An open top means that the room air is going to mix with your enclosure air. If the air in the room is exactly what you want in the enclosure then an open top is a great, easy way to go.

If the room air is different than the conditions you want for your baby, then an open top will make it impossible to achieve the results you want. A closed chamber will allow you to easily maintain whatever conditions you want for your baby and use a lot less power to do it.

The best way to keep humidity in your enclosure is to prevent its escape.