Benny's new indoor enclosure

Sh3wulf

5 Year Member
So my buddy and I have started planning Benny's new indoor enclosure. This shoddy tank must go. Gorilla tape and wood braces are all that's keeping the whole thing from collapsing.
I have decided to go half closed chamber and half open "yard". The open yard will have plants interchanged by use of aluminum trays (something I saw one of the other members doing and loved). Inside the enclosed portion will be two levels and a higher humidity with a burrow
Here's what I have sketched so far. Any thoughts, suggestions and critiques are greatly appreciated.
ImageUploadedByTortForum1396482605.288079.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Oregon
I suggest you put vinyl flaps in the doorway that leads to the yard. It will help keep the chamber area humid.
I also suggest your yard area is heavily planted.

When are you starting the build?

Sh3wulf

5 Year Member
Thanks Yvonne, I hadn't considered the vinyl. I will incorporate for sure.

Yes I have been deciding on what to plant in the yard and it will also include a hide and shallow wading pool lined with stone hopefully. Help trim those nails. With the light bar I'm hoping I can encourage the grass mix everyone is always raving about.

The plant trays I'm planning to use will me exchangeable, so as Benny eats them I can switch out. And let them replenish on a cycle. He will also spend a lot of his time outside come summer so the build will happen over that time.

Any additional thoughts are appreciated!