Baytril dose for my sick RI tortoise

Nicro225

Location (City and/or State)
Jakarta. Indonesia
Hi. I have a sick respiratory inf. tortoise. In my country. We have only baytril tablet 100 mg dose tablet. I would like to cure my RI tortoise diluted with saline and feed it. What is the dose for my tortoise. She is about 2 kg. Thank you

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
What kind of tortoise do you have?
I believe baytril can not be given to leopards and there may be others
@Yvonne G can help more.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Baytril has fallen out of favor to use for tortoises. Besides that, it's not a good idea for us to give out dosages of medication on a forum like this. The de-wormers come in different strengths and the dosage should be given for each individual strength of the medication. Someone reading a dosage on a forum could conceivably poison their tortoise by giving an incorrect amount because their de-wormer was stronger than what the dosage was given for.

Reactions: Tom

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hi. I have a sick respiratory inf. tortoise. In my country. We have only baytril tablet 100 mg dose tablet. I would like to cure my RI tortoise diluted with saline and feed it. What is the dose for my tortoise. She is about 2 kg. Thank you
You need a vet to get the correct dosage, but first and foremost, you need to figure out why it got sick in the first place. Its almost always from cold damp conditions. It doesn't seem like cold would ever be an issue in Jakarta, but if it got cool enough and there was evaporative taking place, it could do it, and apparently it did it in your case. Cold causes these problems and heat will usually fix them.

This tortoise needs to be kept over 30C all day and all night, and daytime highs in the enclosure need to climb to around 34C, with a basking area directly under the bulb around 37C.